Win lose or draw ?
in! Its great, it works perfectly 1263.16%
ose! Issues - it works but has problems 526.32%
raw - I send it back (please say how the experience was)210.53%

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lots of people recommend Miss Wang for a good price on the metal backed RockchipRK2808 Apad but as the 20+ thread plays out you can see more and more defective ones and the discount coupons have now expired making it a less "shiny" deal. So whats the truth? Did you buy one and are happy? Was it a dud? Did you return it and then all was OK Please vote!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I should have one next week. I already have a plastic one from another seller and it has been perfect. 5-6 hours battery and with the new custom roms from here pretty nice. Now if we get 1.6 and kindle support I will be a pig in slop.

G

·
The thread was not about metal cased aPads, just standard 2nd batch aPads with silver/black or white plastic casing. There were a few dodgy devices a week or so ago but if you notice near the end of the thread there has been a delay in getting orders away as they (appear to) do extra checks on all devices before they go out. The fact that they are co-operative in the returns departments suggest they would rather not send over faulty devices in the first place (as they cost themselves double postage and a lot of extra support time).Wait until the end of next week as a few people (including myself) expect their (plastic) devices to arrive.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Miss Wang is not the seller. She is the online customer service rep for a company called Eternal International Trading (HK) Co., Ltd. People should be referencing the company you are buying from to be more helpful to other people.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I think most people realize that, but thanks!So just to be clear the company is: Eternal International Trading (HK) Co., Ltd. Miss Wang is the representative most people have dealt with as per this threadhttp://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?1330-APAD-from-156.7-Shipped.-Aliexpress-Miss-Wang As the above thread unfolds, there are quiet a few people reporting DOA units and various issues and yet she (they) seem to have a decent enough reputation. People have stated that perhaps only a small number of happy customers post after they but but a much larger number will post if they encounter problems. So please! Whether you bought a plastic or metal bodied unit, post in the poll and lets see!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good on you for making a pointless negative comment. I would like to see if the Eternal International Trading co are consistently delivering dodgy products or not. If you read the thread below, you will see a lot of reports of "fail" but how many happy customers? Hard to tell- thus the poll. Why don't you add some thing positive or make a constructive criticism?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Should get my plastic back one from her any day now. Should I vote here?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't get what this poll is about, it's really vague. Is this to check the failure rate of the metallic apads? If so, shouldn't there be a more detailed poll on all the companies selling the metal apads rather than just singling one company out (which btw, is not MsWang)?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you read the Eternal trading (miss Wang) you will see increasing reports of failed units as it goes on. As these things have such a scattered manufacturing base and seem to constantly change on the fly, there can be differences batch to batch, company to company and the brands.. well they seem to barely come into it. Miss Wang , yes, yes Eternal trading Co, seems good but the point of the poll is simply to get some feedback on what people are actually receiving, quality-wise.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
xaueious;16511 said:
Poll is fail...
Could have structured this poll better...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK updated now.I 'm going for a simple record of happy customers from this popular seller versus those who experienced issues so we can easily reveal the numbers. No doubt people will post as to how Eternal handle returns etc.Two mods seem to have knocked this idea? Why? I don't know. I think it will be useful for new people such as myself trying to figure out what to buy and from where. So now whether plastic or metal bodied. Please vote if you would like to...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Zoid;17200 said:
OK updated now.I 'm going for a simple record of happy customers from this popular seller versus those who experienced issues so we can easily reveal the numbers. No doubt people will post as to how Eternal handle returns etc.Two mods seem to have knocked this idea? Why? I don't know. I think it will be useful for new people such as myself trying to figure out what to buy and from where. So now whether plastic or metal bodied. Please vote if you would like to...
I think this is a good poll if you want a gauge the success rate of all apads coming out from Eternal Trading but from the initial one you made it seemed that you were only asking about the metallic ones so that was being a tad too specific. Might I suggest those taking the poll to give more details on their experience with Eternal like:Date ordered:Date arrived: Country you're from: Price you paid for one (plus shipping):Everything working? : Yes/NoIf no, what went wrong:What did you do with the defective apad? : Returned/Kept it/Ask for Refund/OtherIf returned/refunded did you have to pay for shipping? :

·
Registered
45 Posts
Received mine and it is as described. There is a Blue line like bad pixels and I got the wrong colored I asked for. Other than that it works great and it already was 86% charged so I know it was tested.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Mine is working fine. Got a white backed plastic 8GB, and running the stock 0512 rom. will upgrade at some point, but will stick to this build for now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.