Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone install a ereader that shows fullscreen that works. Running 2.2 om A81-E. Nice device if they get flash and GPS to work, also real dual-boot function would be even better. Brian

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
The aldiko reader works full screen for me (w1060/A81E) in both portrait and landscapre mode

·
Registered
108 Posts
[quote name='Dalkor;31462]Every app shows fullscreen' date=' if you go to Spare Parts, uncheck Compatibility Mode and reboot to apply changes.[/QUOTE'] Seriously? I've done that and TONS of apps still don't play fullscreen. Bonzai blast, Garden Of Weeden, Yahtzee. Granted they're all games but I've gotta get my Yahtzee on!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Considering ordering this device as well, among other things to use as a reader... I'm just wondering, I did read that you can adjust the screen brightness now, but in your opinion do you think the brightness can be turned down far enough to read comfortably in an otherwise dark room? The screen being so bright that it's uncomfortable reading in bed is my main fear of using something like this as a reader. I don't have the problem some people seem to have with not being able to read from LCD screens for long times, but the backlighting needs to be pretty dim.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have no sample file, because Aldiko does not let me browse Italian books.When I choos "Languages" I can see "only" Deutsh, Espanol, English and Francais, sometime Russian.Maybe the problem is not the software but the repository?

·
Registered
146 Posts
[quote name='ficklecycler;31636]Seriously? I've done that and TONS of apps still don't play fullscreen. Bonzai blast' date=' Garden Of Weeden, Yahtzee. Granted they're all games but I've gotta get my Yahtzee on![/QUOTE'] I think it's because of graphic engine these games utilize. All pdf/djvu/txt/etc. readers and other applications(SAM, for example) I used were able to run fullscreen after disabling compatibility mode.

·
Registered
108 Posts
[quote name='Dalkor;31663]I think it's because of graphic engine these games utilize. All pdf/djvu/txt/etc. readers and other applications(SAM' date=' for example) I used were able to run fullscreen after disabling compatibility mode.[/QUOTE'] I understand what you mean now and I agree. I have had no problem with various readers. Games with graphics sometimes work sometimes don't. I hope that as tablets get more common, developers will have to design the flexibility in to be able to run larger format screens.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
[quote name='Finraziel;31637]Considering ordering this device as well' date=' among other things to use as a reader... I'm just wondering, I did read that you can adjust the screen brightness now, but in your opinion do you think the brightness can be turned down far enough to read comfortably in an otherwise dark room? The screen being so bright that it's uncomfortable reading in bed is my main fear of using something like this as a reader. I don't have the problem some people seem to have with not being able to read from LCD screens for long times, but the backlighting needs to be pretty dim.[/QUOTE'] Using an apk to adjust the screen brightness, its not 100% perfect yet (but at least its adjustable). i usually read at night with the lights out and with screen turned down to virtually zero and its comfortable. I guess its also one of those "personal" things and depends on weather the reader (aldiko in my case) has decent settings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts