Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had success using the ereader application from ereader.com/fictionwise.com? (eReader Software Wizard) The apk loads fine and I can read the help file. Books open but they get "stuck" paginating ... so I can't read them. I've tried multiple PDN firmware versions, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, opening books from the internal/external card, large/small books, re-downloading books, etc ... nothing seems to work. I have PandaHome v1.9 and FW 8/20 loaded. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I just created an ereader account (always good to have another vendor to choose from), downloaded their apk and grabbed a free ebook ("Legend of Sleepy Hollow"). I had no issues opening it up in my PDN and flipping through the pages. I downloaded the book from the application. Not too thrilled about having to use a credit card as part of the DRM, but that's what rebate debit cards are for. :)I'm using my own 8/20 firmware mod (the one with the market built in) and I use Launcher Pro, if that helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least it works for someone! :eek: What method did you use to install it? (ADB, App Installer, or from their website on the PDN?) I've tried all three methods and it still doesn't work, I'm just wondering if I've missed something.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I used ADB to install it. I didn't use your attachment as I had actually downloaded the apk from their web site about an hour before you posted (seriously, i was about to create an account when I saw your post -- weird). The version number is the same, however.I didn't see any way for it to grab a file from my SD card, but admittedly I haven't looked as it too deeply. I logged in via my new account and it knew I had a purchased book in my bookshelf that I could download.EDIT: I think I know the difference between you and I - my download has no DRM in it. I just tested it in Calibre, and I can view the PDB with no issues (I shouldn't be able to, if it was laced with DRM). You can test this yourself -- download a free ebook on ereader.com and then try to read it on the device. If that works but your purchased books do not, it's probably a DRM issue. No surprise there!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Roebeet, they say timing is everything!!
I've been wanting to ask this question for days, but instead I have spent a lot of time trying to remedy it myself.So, I've figured out my problem ... but not the solution. Of all the troubleshooting I did, it did not occur to me to download a book directly from the eReader site and then try to read it. So after your post, I did just that. Works like a champ! My problem, though, is that I have a ton of classic literature downloaded from manybooks.net in the eReader format (*.pdb) which will not open properly (as described in #1 above). I have moved these books from my PC to the PDN via USB to both the internal & external card and changed the app's settings for where it looks for books as is appropriate. No good. The weird thing is, these exact same books work perfectly on my iPhone (yes, I know, apples vs oranges). Just now, I downloaded a book from manybooks.net directly to the PDN. I moved the book from the PDN/download directory to the sdcard/ereader directory ... still no good. Any other thoughts???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.