Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased what looked like an aPad on eBay. What showed up was an Orphan ePad :Buy Epad Android Tablet PC - Epad iPed w/ Webcam, Wifi, USB/ ADSL Internet HubQuick System info is as followsInternal Storage Total: 618MB Free: 579MBSystem CacheTotal: 100MB Free: 95.49MBMemoryTotal: 226MB Free: 143MB Idle: 89.00MBProcessorARM926EJ-S rev (v5l) 174.48MHzSensor1 Sensors presentBoots up and displays Android v1.7.2Firmware version 1.6Kernel 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirtyHas webcam, internal wifi and minidock w/2 usb ports and wired ethernet. Wifi connects and functions with my Netgear WNR834B Network (1 Base Stations + 2 Repeaters)Wifi Mac Address prefix identifies it as a Realtek chipset (00.e0)If you have questions, please let me know. Case back is plastic (not alloy).

· Registered
151 Posts
ok... now i got a question.the device has internal wifi (1 usb port). and 2 external usb ports? AND A WEBCAM? the must be hub somewhere inside the device, right?afaik it had 2 internal usb ports, 1 for wifi, other for dock connection. if there's a webcam in there, the 2nd usb port would be used, remaining 0 ports for external...what's in there?

· Registered
151 Posts
FarWest;8219 said:
I would assume there's a USB hub in the minidock.
it means that the device itself (without dock) has at least 3 usb ports (1 webcam / 1 wifi / 1 for dock).

· Registered
76 Posts
I got conned for the same thing. It isn't bad and has a few exceptions like not being allowed onto the official Android Market and not playing youtube video's with the exception of a modified chinese version of a youtube video application. I think the biggest pet pieve is not allowing us to get on to the Adroid Market. I wonder how the real APAD is allowed and EPAD isn't. I hope someone learns how to tinker with this EPAD and shows us how to play around and maybe install custom firmware if its possible.

· Registered
76 Posts
FarWest;8528 said:
Been thinking about upgrading. But only thinking at this point.
I did the update and the touch screen does not work anymore. I can not find the drivers for this epad at all. Do yourself a favor backup your epad if that's possible. If you can please send me the drivers and I will test it and even do a video tutorial if I need to. Looks like the EKEN Firmware will load on this device but will not work the touch screen. Please keep this thread going this is my only hope to unbrick my EPAD.

· Registered
16 Posts
dirtymindedx;8576 said:
I did the update and the touch screen does not work anymore. I can not find the drivers for this epad at all. Do yourself a favor backup your epad if that's possible. If you can please send me the drivers and I will test it and even do a video tutorial if I need to. Looks like the EKEN Firmware will load on this device but will not work the touch screen. Please keep this thread going this is my only hope to unbrick my EPAD.
i have the same situation!!!my touch screen is disable [email protected]@

· Registered
76 Posts
Connecting a usb mouse and keyboard work beautifully but calibration of the touch screen did not work. Farwest If you can get your hands on filexplorer please copy the driver folder or folders and post them on here for others who are having this issue. I hope this is resolved soon.

· Registered
5 Posts
Dear,I just receive my ePad from Ebay. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280498607597 ) And use it for 3 hours and then I installed small software that turns LCD off, and you are guessing now. I can not turn it on. Is there any hidden combination of buttons to perform Hard Reset or Soft Reset or I have to flash it. And how to perform flash.---- PLEASE ANY HELP----

· Registered
76 Posts
ok everyone the answer to your prayers is here. I happened to get my hands on the official epad firmware. If your item looks like this one located here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270577453841&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT then download this link http://rapidshare.com/files/401302198/script.rar.html I don't have access to other download links so rapidshare it is.format your sdcard to fat32extract this file using winrar or 7zip on to the sdcardput the sdcard into the epad turn it on and watch it load.I hope admin puts this file on slatedroid downloads because as more and more clones come out people will need help fixing their items. Please tag this thread.

· Registered
13 Posts
LIFE SAVER!I also bought an Apad with rocketchip on eBay (asked the seller) but received an iRobot box - but inside was this thing you also received. (same speakerholes / hub / webcam etc..) and not the 'rocketchip' in the firmware listing.It's a nice tablet though, too bad it isn't the real thing, but thinking it was an eken m003 i flashed it and couldn't use the touchscreen anymore. (and the buttons wouldn't work) But my mice still worked.Found this thread, flashed the script.rar and all is working now thanks!I noticed that there is a YouTube app now that works!! Everything looks a bit better.Was this script.rar also an updated version of the original??

· Registered
76 Posts
My source overseas said it was an original. I see different things that I didn't see either when I officially bought it. It saved me also he sent me a link which took forever to download but now is available to everyone. I thought I spent money on a dead item. I hope everyone finds this useful.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.