Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
It depends on the method used to created the PDF. PDF files created directly from a digital document (like a Word file) allow you to resize them because embeds the text "behind" the image during conversion. This is done for a number of reason, such as facilitating screen reader software and extracting the text from a document by copying and pasting. When you resize the fonts with a reader application, it is working with that text--not unlike increasing the font size in a word dcoument. A scanned document does not have this text embedded (unless it is OCRed), so there is nothing there for the reader program to work with and resize. It's basically just an image in PDF format. I'm sure that there's a programmer-type member here who can explain it much more elegantly than this, but this is the basic gist of the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks for the info now that being said and i think i understand is there a way to fix the scanned pdf's or is it not possable because they are like an image, text and color photos combined on a single sheet not layered like a photshop layered image where i can have text and photos seperate, and is there a program that can fix this or am i sol

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
isn't there an image viewer that can read pdf and zoom in? Anybody?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i was told there is if i hack my pdn but after reading in here i am very confused on how to do it , and i am not some computer newbie i build rigs and repair them as a side job just not sure on what is being done i am using a win 7 64 bit os

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
dunamis, it starts and ends with ADB. You need to see if you can download the consolidated hack file and if it works with your device on and connected. If the computer doesn't see the device, things get complicated. Start there though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.