Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
The reviewer also failed to use the included stylus. She should know that a resistive screen does NOT work well with a thumb compared to a smaller pressure point such as a fingernail or stylus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"Then there's also the issue of figuring out how to get back to the home screen while in a book. It took us (and a few other guinea pigs) close to a minute to figure out that you must tap the top of the screen to pull up a menu with other reading controls."LOL... they must have tested it out using REAL guinea pigs... how hard is it to tap the top of the screen for the menu? Do they need a dedicated button to wipe their butts after going to the bathroom, too? ;)Maybe I can get my 15 year old a job reviewing products over at Engadget. SHE figured it out in about 2 seconds.

·
Registered
365 Posts
"As for those looking for a solid performing, cheap tablet that can manage e-books and surfing the web in full color, well, for that we all still wait..."Hmmm. I could have sworn that I already owned that tablet. The white PDN. ;)-Matt

·
Registered
171 Posts
[quote name='capecodjewel;41515]"Then there's also the issue of figuring out how to get back to the home screen while in a book. It took us (and a few other guinea pigs) close to a minute to figure out that you must tap the top of the screen to pull up a menu with other reading controls."LOL... they must have tested it out using REAL guinea pigs... how hard is it to tap the top of the screen for the menu? Do they need a dedicated button to wipe their butts after going to the bathroom' date=' too? ;)Maybe I can get my 15 year old a job reviewing products over at Engadget. SHE figured it out in about 2 seconds.[/QUOTE']See, this is what I would characterize as an RTFM problem...Read The Fucking Manual

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
Personally, the whole minute to find the home screen thing... I think that it takes a minute with any device. I consider that minute an investment, not a hassle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just wanted to say I wrote a review on the white model on the-gadgeteer as a reader first. Then I praised the genius at slatedroid...postgame.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the reviewer also said it was an android 1.5 device. Oopsie.Still, there is one thing they were right about: the speed is subpar for anyone used to a new ish android phone. My samsung vibrant feels about 10x faster and outperforms in every way except screen size (4 inch vs 7). Then again my phone would be $500 unsubsidized while my Novel was $100. For the price, it's pretty amazing.The sweet spot for most consumers will probably be about a $250 or $300 device which comes with all the android features enabled and access to the market and feels responsive. That will give the ipad a serious competitor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts