Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you recall the 7" e-reader/tablet that Elonex showed us back in April? It finally showed up on Amazon.co.uk last month, and was supposed to ship on 31 July. The retail was ?139.99,which was considerably higher than the original projected price of ?99.99.Well, this e-reader came up on my calendar again today, and I went looking to see if anyone had gotten one yet. Nope. Then I tried to find where it was for sale. When that failed, I checked to see if it was still listed on Amazon.co.uk. No, that page is down.This is a puzzler. I think I was right last month when I said that Elonex hadn't bought the 710EB yet.At this point, I'm not even sure that I even care if Elonex follow through on the 710EB. Think about what's happened since they announced it in April. We've seen quite a few cheap Chinese tablets since then: Pandigital (2), Augen Gentouch, Eken, Apad, and others. (If you want to see how many generic tablets there are, check out Ebay or Amazon.) At this point they will be just one of the crowd.Then again, I'm on the inside so my view is probably skewed. What do you think?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Recall it? I pre-ordered one at the Gadget Show in Birmingham on 9th April after being told that I should receive it in 3-4 weeks.Nearly five months later, there's still no sign of it ever appearing. The last email from Elonex suggested that there were some teething problems with the DRM being used and that, alas, the release date suffers once again.I'm seeing on some sites that they don't expect to receive stock until October time.I'm just starting out on my journey on these forums, but is there an Android tablet that works perfectly as an ebook reader? Basically I have a BeBook, but was after something a bit more responsive and in colour.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have Elonex' Borders eReader (610eb?) and was hot to try the 710eb but have moved on now, I think it's been superceded by the raft of tablets coming out at similar prices with much more funtionality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.