Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Got these in last week and I can tell you they blow away the Novo Advanced II.

The AdvII doesn't have an OTG port. The T01 has two of them and one of them is full size.
The AdvII doesn't have volume buttons. The T01 has volume which seems the most important buttons now next to power with 4.0 since the softkeys are mostly used now.
The AdvII screen flickers at low battery power when plugged in. Although this doesn't mean that the tablet is crap, I can foresee it being annoying to extremely picky individuals.
The T01 is about $25-30 cheaper than the Adv II.

I also think the T01 is better than the Momo 9 and you will see about $10-15 cheaper globally.

They are all pretty solid working tablets. And for capacitive touch screen they are getting cheaper every month. But if you are doing research on the Momo 9, Novo 7 Advanced II 2, or the T01, T02, T03 for purchase I would pick the T01 hands down. I feel so strongly about this I'm going to stop carrying the other models unless they have something unique like a 5000-6000mAh battery or something insanely stupid that is a game changer. But even batteries won't sway me I don't think. Since it is 5V you can use all kinds of external backup battery chargers to charge through the USB port. The bottom line is it's cheaper, and better.

http://www.flsuperstore.com/servlet/the-383/7%22-Eken-T01-Android/Detail

I'll be doing a video review of it and the Advanced II in the next few days.

Frank

·
Registered
166 Posts
it's got only 2300mah battery so it is not suitable as a tablet. Even cheaper tablet uses at least 3000mah battery. Sorry, but stop advertising and posting incorrect information.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's got only 2300mah battery so it is not suitable as a tablet. Even cheaper tablet uses at least 3000mah battery. Sorry, but stop advertising and posting incorrect information.
At no point did I mention any battery for any model. The quote was "I feel so strongly about this I'm going to stop carrying the other models unless they have something unique like a 5000-6000mAh battery or something insanely stupid that is a game changer."

Please read the whole thing next time.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Cons:
- Only 512MB RAM
- No IPS display, no hi-res (800*480 is not enough for a tablet)
- Low battery capacity
- Only 4GB internal
- No BT or GPS or 3G

Pros:
- Cheap
- Proper advertising, everything's detailed
- Warranty for one year (!!!)
- Standardized charging (5V instead of 9-12V)
- Free gifts (not a big thing, but meh)

Overall: If you want a cheap tablet, a great choice. Although there are better ones, for only a bit more.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Keeping in mind it does not have single advantage over original Ainol Advanced it is not great choice for a moment.
800x480 is WAY TOO LOW for ICS. Yes, I actually have Advanced (from one of the last production batch) and if it would be higher resolution like in Elf or Aurora
it would be great with latest ICS official firmware. BTW, there is very limited community support for Eken, so it is another reason to not to buy it.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ainol fanbois I see.... Have you ever heard of a mod called Uberoid? Possibly the biggest ROM in the world next to Tim's for Eken's wildly popular M003 & M009. Since the T01 base hardware is the same as the Adv II I bet there will be a community as big as the 8650 for the T01. For the price and the exact same tablet, they completely and utterly destroy the Advanced II. Nobody cares about high resolution on a 7" tablet. The icons are small enough. Plus I read nothing but horror stories about these IPS screened 7" tablets. And if you polled 100% of Americans and asked them what an IPS screen or even a more popular Super-Amoled screen was for that matter 95% of them wouldn't know what the hell you were talking about. So it makes no difference. But the Adv II doesn't have an IPS screen so again it's irrelevant.

Adv II has 0 OTG ports right now. T01 has 2. Biggest benefit right there.

The writeup has nothing to do with my deal and what I give as a package but more the quality and comparison to the much higher priced Advanced II. Which I do sell in my store but not for long.

·
Registered
166 Posts
IPS screen is well known here in America because of IPAD and Kindle Fire. A lot of people prefer IPS screen due to a good angle of view but it is not the case here. Since the tablet comes with 2300 mah, it'll provide less than 2 hours of usage on a single charge. We are struggling with 3700mah and here it is almost half the size of the battery 2300mah. OTG port maybe used less than 5% of the user so it is not a big advantage here but battery life without using external power supply is a big con. Like you said just for a little bit more $20 such as Novo Elf you get double the size of battery, ram, resolution, storage capacity makes a big difference. I have nothing against your store or product, I'm just stating the facts here. It is just a review of the tablet after all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If I may interject, the dude is comparing specific Eken and Ainol tablets, that share the same feature and performance bracket.
Since none of them have an IPS screen, or one that has a higher resolution, this argument is irrelevant.
Can we please get BACK TO THE POINT?

The main differences between the Ainol Advanced 2 and the Eken T01 are:
1) Eken has 2 OTG USB ports, one of which is full size. that's great for using just about any USB product out there without resorting to an easily misplaced adapter.
2) Eken charges on 5V, enabling the usage of all USB based chargers/batterypacks. That's also awesome.
3) Eken's old models had great community support. will they also have one now? or are they too late for the party? time will tell.
4) Eken has no dedicated charging port - so you can't really use the 2 USB ports. not sure what the situation is with the Ainol.
5) Eken has a much smaller battery - so that's a major con.
6) Eken's 5V USB charging means a slower maximum charge speed (probably, dunno what the amperage is on Ainol's higher voltage charger).
7) Eken is cheaper.

All in all, I guess the Eken is a bit more versatile if you have alternative means to keep the battery filled, so it really depends on your usage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm not sure I would count on the uberoid community following this tablet just because it is from Eken.

The Eken succesor to the WM8650 tablet is the infotmic x210 m009f and that has already been abandoned by the uberoid developer. There is still a small community working on upgrading the tablet, but the image file still has not been decoded yet. To be fair, the tablets that HCH and other uberoid community work with are not genuine Eken models and very very different. The Eken models are pretty decent, but the tablets are cheap.

The last I saw HardCoreHacker was working on Ainol novo tablets as the next possible generation for uberoid.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Few - fw (goes to turn off autocorrect)
Hiya
it's worth mentioning that the Allwinner A10 Cortex A8 CPU consumes less power than other chips - so I am only guessing but I assume a 2300mah battery running an Allwinner CPU can't be generally compared to other SOC CPU setups when running the same capacity battery? Worth bearing it in mind. See here: http://blog.slate4su...-allwinner-a10/

Also firmwares for, say, my Haipad M7 Cortex A8 (Samsung S5PV210) tablet have come on leaps and bounds from the original stock firmware that it came with. Before I'd barely get 3 hrs with Wifi on browsing, playing movies and games - Now I can get around double that. (if ya need proof look for Prox32's Genesis roms topics (if still available here on slatedroid), under the Herotab C8/Dropad A8 forum).

check out this too: http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB010.php

cheers

D

·
Registered
10 Posts
How long does the battery last with wifi on web browsing? Or watching videos?
Really interested in this tab, but battery could chance my mind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How long does the battery last with wifi on web browsing? Or watching videos?
Really interested in this tab, but battery could chance my mind.
Almost 4 hours of watching youtube on wifi. Just wifi browsing would be 5 hours +. This is standard for any A10 tablet.

The quality of the battery and how the hardware and software uses it is more important than the Mah which is just a number and easily be manipulated.

Veedee

·
Registered
10 Posts
With normal avi videos how long does it run? I'm more interested in video, ebook and some poker/ angry birds on it, then watching youtube. If I'm on internet with it I'll be watching news or livescore.

·
Registered
21 Posts
With normal avi videos how long does it run? I'm more interested in video, ebook and some poker/ angry birds on it, then watching youtube. If I'm on internet with it I'll be watching news or livescore.
I have this tablet and here's some real world info:

Reading with Android CBR (Comic Book Reader) for almost 2 hours batt drain from 96% to 84% (wifi on)

Movie watching 2 HD movies (1080p) almost 4 hours batt drain from 98% to 49% (wifi on). BTW, video quality is superb with the built in 2160P Super-HD player. i'd suggest getting 3D (blue/red) glasses.

Brought it to the office (wifi on) checking/reading email, occasional web browsing, game during breaks... 65% Batt remaining (~10 Hours).

Benchmarks:
Antutu = 2727
Neocore = 53.1 FPS
LinPack = 14.618

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm interested in the T01, it looks like a good tablet for the price!! Its on my shortlist of three I can't decide between.

I'm glad to read the battery lasts 5 odd hours as our laptop dies after about 50 minutes and its a pain!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts