Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... *sigh*I prided myself on being one of the first kids (I could find) on the internet block to get an Eken. I loved it, especially after the firmware update. Oh how joyful the idea was to read stuff anywhere blablabla,. Mainly used it at night in bed, so plugged in was fine.Yes, used. Past tense.Heed this warning: The glass/screen in the Eken is very thin/cheap (obviously) and even though it was entirely my fault for carrying it in my pants pocket, despite the fact that my pockets are HUGE, there was nothing else in them, and never though that it would do anything to the device, I have 2 hairline cracks on the screen. And that was enough to make the screen unresponsive to touch.The device powers on, reads SD card and everything, but you can't really... use it. Thankfully it was cheap to begin with. So ... I get another one.I'm a geek, but not an ubergeek. I honestly have no use for this thing, I don't do circuit shit anymore and never did anything near this level.So... email me ([email protected]) if you want it. Yes, I'm serious. I assume it'll be cheap to send to wherever (within the US), so I may just even be generous and pay for shipping if it's like 5 bucks, assuming that the device goes to someone who will put it to good use.And if you happen to fix it, great, I don't expect it back.So be careful, get a case of some sort, and if you're a modder/tech person and want a spare thing to play with (although again, no screen touch response), email me.*sigh*

·
Registered
65 Posts
[quote author=Mangraa link=topic=65.msg429#msg429 date=1273902185]Well... *sigh*I prided myself on being one of the first kids (I could find) on the internet block to get an Eken. I loved it, especially after the firmware update. Oh how joyful the idea was to read stuff anywhere blablabla,. Mainly used it at night in bed, so plugged in was fine.Yes, used. Past tense.Heed this warning: The glass/screen in the Eken is very thin/cheap (obviously) and even though it was entirely my fault for carrying it in my pants pocket, despite the fact that my pockets are HUGE, there was nothing else in them, and never though that it would do anything to the device, I have 2 hairline cracks on the screen. And that was enough to make the screen unresponsive to touch.The device powers on, reads SD card and everything, but you can't really... use it. Thankfully it was cheap to begin with. So ... I get another one.I'm a geek, but not an ubergeek. I honestly have no use for this thing, I don't do circuit shit anymore and never did anything near this level.So... email me ([email protected]) if you want it. Yes, I'm serious. I assume it'll be cheap to send to wherever (within the US), so I may just even be generous and pay for shipping if it's like 5 bucks, assuming that the device goes to someone who will put it to good use.And if you happen to fix it, great, I don't expect it back.So be careful, get a case of some sort, and if you're a modder/tech person and want a spare thing to play with (although again, no screen touch response), email me.*sigh* [/quote]I vote you send it to ECOTOX. He could use it to test his roms.

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
So... email me ([email protected]) if you want it. Yes, I'm serious. I assume it'll be cheap to send to wherever (within the US), so I may just even be generous and pay for shipping if it's like 5 bucks, assuming that the device goes to someone who will put it to good use.
Damn, I'm UK :| Would have been handy to have one to take apart and mess with the internals. My vote is you send it to either ECOTOX to test ROMs or Wozzzaaa to replace the memory chip.Either way, [+1] to you sir ;)

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
I can't decide if that is sad news for you or great news for someone else. but I will say thanks for the warning to other user that the screen is very fragile.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I CANT BELIVE I DIDNT NOTICE THIS!!!! XD I could have so used that to test roms T.T

1 - 7 of 7 Posts