Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a slate on ebay, looks exactly like an eken m001 but don't know if it is.On the back of the device it's got id no:Model m-001Designed and made in chinaIt doesn't say Eken on front or back.on boot is saysandroid 1.6kernel 2.6.29wmtsdk 1.7.2after boot in the about bit it saysmodel - genericfirmware 1.6kernal 2.6.29.00236.g48dbbb.dirtybuild 1.7.2works all lovely and nice, just a couple of quibbles.Can the os be updated?no marketplace, got something called appstore which goes to a chinese store where most of it is chinese.how do i get marketplace in english?there's also another icon with a shopping basket thats totally chinese.What is the icon called QQ and looks like a penguin?Tried going to android market but as this isn't a phone how do I get apps?Ooh answered that myself, found a cd with 100 apps on.Anyway thanks for looking, any help appreciated.

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Looks like you have a OoTB Eken and with the original firmware, just the same as the one I got from ebay myself.As to updating the OS, you will need to download a ROM (in the download section) for the Eken M001 and have a SD card handy.There a 3 options as for the firmware, the offical Eken release and 2 customized ones - Ecotoc 1.1.1 or Slartedroid 1.3, I will get a link for the details but its really very simple and easy to do.As for Marketplace you will be lucky of it works and downloads apps, the Eken doesnt need to be a phone to download apps.A good atternative to Marketplace is Slideme, google ot and then download the install file on your Eken - easy and no fuss.Rog.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.