Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts
Just tested the download using a independent connection via a remote computer on a different ISP and the download just worked fine. May you've problem with your own connection/ISP?!

Being a real noob on these tablets I was wondering if someone can point me at a "sticky" or a place to understand how I update the rom on my M003. I have several Android phones and they are pretty easy but the manual on this tablet sucks.I have downloaded the 1.9 rom and have a blank sd card for it. Do I just unrar the file to the SD card? The rar has one folder named 003, under that is folder named script.Also the tablet says Android 1.6 on it when booting. Can I install this 1.9 on top of that?

Yeah get the new firmware you want and then check my sig out :)In short, You need the SD card fomated to FAT32 and then copy the script folder to it, and yes 1.9 can be installed over 1.6

Hi thereI have the M003 and I tried to download the 1.9.1 firmware from the EkenGroup webpage official firmware and after I upgrade the firmware, the screen stuck, touch screen not functioning and the battery showed not charging!I tried revert back 1.7.4 and it works fine, anything that I should take care of?I read the previous page that someone just done it without any problem but why my unit can't use the 1.9.1 firmware?Any idea?Thanks

HmmAnyone face this problem?When I leave the Eken M003 for a while, it will turn into WHITE screen and it hangs there, I have to force shut down and reboot again.I am running on 1.9.1 now

[quote name='babyk;70441]HmmAnyone face this problem?When I leave the Eken M003 for a while' date=' it will turn into WHITE screen and it hangs there, I have to force shut down and reboot again.I am running on 1.9.1 now[/QUOTE'] Did you enable Stay awake? If not try it. You could find it: Menu -->Settings -->Applications -->Development and just hit Stay awake.As long as the Charger is connected, the screen will stay on.

[quote name='pisthai;70502]Did you enable Stay awake? If not try it. You could find it: Menu -->Settings -->Applications -->Development and just hit Stay awake.As long as the Charger is connected' date=' the screen will stay on.[/QUOTE'] Hi thereWhat if I am running on battery mode?Should I put Stay Awake?

babyk;70514 said:
Hi thereWhat if I am running on battery mode?Should I put Stay Awake?
Short answer: NO! The display needs a lot power. May you set the time to 1 minute or so! If you run the screen the whole time on Battery, it will shorten the working time.

[quote name='pisthai;70529]Short answer: NO! The display needs a lot power. May you set the time to 1 minute or so! If you run the screen the whole time on Battery' date=' it will shorten the working time.[/QUOTE'] Hi thereOKI am still wondering why the 1.9.1 does not work so well with the Eken M003. I downloaded the official update.I will try to load it again now

Hi, first post here :)Don't get too excited about new firmware - it's "only" WMT 2.0, not Android 2.0, but after playing with it a couple of minutes, it feels a little faster. Cheers from Poland.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.