Android Tablets Forum banner

Eken official 2.0, EcoTox , Cafeine, Mercury???

7K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  slatedudester 
#1 ·
If have got an M003 as a present from someone which wasn't using this one any more. Now it runs on the official Eken 2.0 firmware, but i'm wondering if a custom rom will improve the performances of the M003.
I see there are many different ROM's available.
Which to choose? Who can help me with this?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Hi there,
in a nutshell: almost ALL custom FWs have better performance than the orignal FW, plus most of them are rooted which gives you more possibilities (i.e. Swapping, and some apps need root too).
I had Ecotox on my M003, which was good, didn't test Mercury but its probably good too.
If (like me) you dont use Google apps, you may also try my new "UnGoogle" firmware posted here:
http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?topic=13566.0
Please observe the usual flashing precautions as mentioned in my post.

good luck, and much fun

greetz, PADMAN

#4 ·
I like the key mapping on the ecotox. But I like the overclock ability of Mercury That is what I was using until I bricked mine... and is what I'm trying to use to recover it.

It's my fault it's bricked. I left the SDcard with the script file in the slot. I powered up and tried to turn it off before the Flash started. But instead turned it off After it erased the uboot area. Don't do that.

#7 ·
Hi
First, with M003 you cannot expect upgrade to Android 2.0 or later.
Then, I trying several FW, and I choose SLD Mercury rc; perfect for me and for my APad 003.Also inlcude all Google Apps, including Android Market. Others FW not including this apps.
regards.

#11 ·
Hi all,

From what I've managed to learn and read so far, I think I'm going to try the Mercury firmware for my M-003 first. Seems to be the best one, if you take into account I'd like to keep using Google apps-stuff as well, if possible.

I'll post my findings once I'm able to download and hopefully install the firmware!

Cheers,

Slatedudester

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.