Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Thanks to an anonymous person, we have a full image for M003.WARNING!! This rom is an original rom, with no mods whatsoever inside.!!!! It appears to have a bug with screen rotation. This is not my fault. Just like it is not my fault, you flashed M001 firmware into your M003!!This is version 1.7.2, but with a somewhat different kernel.This will fix your screen size issues and incorrect buttons after you have flashed the M001 firmware by accident.It appears to be stuck in landscape mode, and is not a 'final' release from Eken themselves as far as i can tellIt also seems to support USB keyboards, so if you have screwed up the screen calibration, you can use a USB keyboard to go to settings and fix that.You could also use it as a basis for your custom firmwares off course.One strange thing, this version seems to have an issue with the screen rotation. Not a problem for me, the M003 found its way onto my shelf, as a luxury Photo-frame. I didn't find it really usefull as a tablet, it's just too slow. That's what you get after being spoiled with a nearly free Desire from your local phone telco
This version also contains a non-working YouTube app that looks promising. (ie. exactly like the Chinese app with YouTube as source..) It's not working at the moment, the engineers are making a mistake with the video url.. (I did reverse engineering project on YouTube, they screwed up some things recently..)WARNING!! This rom is an original rom, with no mods whatsoever inside.!!!! It appears to have a bug with screen rotation. This is not my fault. Just like it is not my fault, you flashed M001 firmware into your M003!!You can download it here: http://www.zonko.nl/files/m003.rarWARNING!! This rom is an original rom, with no mods whatsoever inside.!!!! It appears to have a bug with screen rotation. This is not my fault. Just like it is not my fault, you flashed M001 firmware into your M003!!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I am getting a "The requested URL /files/m003.rar was not found on this server" error when I click the link. Any chance of reposting?

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Thank you! Downloading now. Just in case I have to keep the thing!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This one is not as fast as 'm001' 1.7.2, also the kernel seems different with support for more LCDID's in it.The M001 update uses LCDID=1 and this one 'LCDID=6'. Also the MTD mappings seem different. (mtd9/mtd7) For those that are interrested, see 'scriptcmd'. (*Note that you can't mix kernels as you please, drivers only work against the kernel they are compiled for.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
HiI'm using Android M003 V. 1.7.3 and try to update firmware to V.1.7.4 but during installation process my device got stuck an I try hard reset buy switch on and off .it was not comeback. anybody help ?? can you give me an advice how to bring it back to work again !!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts