Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,Yes, I'm a newbie lol. Thought I'd just get that over and done with! :DAnyway, my Eken M001 arrived today. I started off with an Eken M003, but sent it back for an exchange for an M001, because the M003 was running so hot it was frightening me! I mean, I've had devices run hot before, but this thing was burning my hand! And as there's ventilation anywhere on the device I was beginning to wonder if it would melt or spontaneously combust or something, hahaha.So the M001 arrives today, and if anything, it runs even hotter than the M003 did. Now I assumed that as the M001 had been on the market longer and had loads of customisation options available, it would be a safer, more stable bet. Wrong! Although I prefer the screen on the M001 to the M003 (I'll level here, I only got the M003 in the first place because it looked like an iPad and I can't afford the real McCoy), I can't seem to stop worrying about the heat distribution. Damn it's so hot it makes my hands sweat. Surely this can't be normal? Did I make a huge mistake? Is this SAFE?!

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
I heard if you take two of them they make delicious grilled cheese sandwiches. I think they are safe but I would not leave mine charging over night or when I am not home .

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had both an M001 and M003 running and plugged in at a local market for 5 hours. I wouldn't worry about the heat, but thats just me. One thing to note is the first thing I do when I get these tablets, is fire the stupid charger in the junk drawer, and use a CSA/UL approved adapter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote name='SeaMonkey76;10600]I had both an M001 and M003 running and plugged in at a local market for 5 hours. I wouldn't worry about the heat' date=' but thats just me. One thing to note is the first thing I do when I get these tablets, is fire the stupid charger in the junk drawer, and use a CSA/UL approved adapter.[/QUOTE'] Well I've got it plugged in to the adapter that came with it at the moment, it seems that I've been kinda lucky in the fact that at least mine works, but where do I get the adapter that you mentioned from? It seems Eken accessories are few and far between; no screen protectors actually designed for it and very few cases etc, but if there's a more suitable adapter I can use then I'm all for it. I keep wondering if there's something I can do to actually reduce the heat - do any of the firmware mods actually have an effect on the heat produced? I was wondering if any of them allow the Eken to use less power and so generate less heat....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mp4doggie;10533 said:
I heard if you take two of them they make delicious grilled cheese sandwiches. I think they are safe but I would not leave mine charging over night or when I am not home .
Grilled cheese sandwiches, lol. Actually it generates enough heat you probably could make toasties out of two put together hahaha. I don't think I'd dare leave it charging overnight tbh - I'd rather get up and still have an un-singed house!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mp4doggie;10533 said:
Grilled cheese sandwiches, lol. Actually it generates enough heat you probably could make toasties out of two put together hahaha. I don't think I'd dare leave it charging overnight tbh - I'd rather get up and still have an un-singed house!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My M001 is constantly displaying message charging.
battery level is also on 50% without dropping or increasing.

How to solve this problem and have correct battery readings?

With respect

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also have the Moo1 made by MID which I am pretty happy with actually - it takes a while to get to know it and the manual is of little help.
It says the input power is only 9 volts so Somewhere there must be a charger with the correct size fitting and impedance to charge it safely.

I do recommend that you make sure that you get the 2.0 version NOT 1.6 its much better

I have also noticed the heat but Im not too concerned - I do agree that it could do with more ventilation holes maybe its possible to carefully drill some with a small modellers dril???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.