Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I did the "factory reset" and now my M001 shows a message "process stopped unexpectedly" after boot and freezes.I tryed to reflash it via the SD, but it just don?t start the upgrade process. I formated a 512M SD card with FAT andcopyed the /script directory to it. I tested several times but it does not work.I have access via USD (I can read the internal memory) but the SD is shown as blank . Can it be a SD compatibility issue ? Is there any way to flash it using the USB connection? I have downloaded a procedure (for ZT180) but I?m not sure what files to use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,try to format the SD card with FAT32 and copy the script folder from a linux-based system.I had issues with copying that folder from Windows 7 through a card reader. It didn't even start the update. Only when I download and extract the script folder directly on the EKEN or on a linux system it works.Sent from my "SlateDroid 1.3 + root by rhcp + EKEN 1.9 drivers + market working" using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
You seem a little unsure about it. I was also at first.When I updated mine to 1.7.4 I found, when I unziped the firmware, the whole file was called script. It was about 176MB & I just copied the whole file to the SD card.I used Windows Vista & had no problems booting from the card. I did however use a external card reader to format & copy the file.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I connected via USB ands formated the card wit FAT32 via windows . I cannot format from the M001 as it freezes with the message "BootReceiver (process co.wmt.BootReceiver) has stopped unexpectely " , as soon as I unlock the screen the first time. I was able to copy the /script folder to SD, but it still does not bootI also noticed that the applications were gone, and only 3 left. The touch screen also does not respond at all. The Menu button and + - volume, however works fine.When I insert the SD card it indicates "blank SD card".I need a procedure to reflash it without using the SD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote name='rocky289;39306]I am thinking you not getting the script file copied completely to the SD card. Are you able to do this on a separate card reader' date=' then boot from it.[/QUOTE'] I have tested formating and transfering the /script folder on a notebook card reader, HP printer reader and even on the EKEN card slot via USB cable. In all cases I could see the files, but when I insert the card o the EKEN, it indicates "preparing SD card " and then "blank SD card". I tested with a 512M card, a 1Gbcard and a 2Gb microDS card with adapter.Th EKEN just ignore the files and does not boot from SD card...Using the USB cable I can see the internal memory (with the sample files) .Is there ny way to access the flash and copy the image via USB cable?The problem i that after I made the "factory reset" it seems that the touchscreen no longer responds or needs calibration. Is there any way to use a USB mouse ???HELP .....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.