Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a black M001 to see what they were like. They looked good in the pics. Got my black one today. The plastic is glossy over the entire case, whereas my white one has a rougher, "matte" texture on the back side. The black one 'feels' nicer.....though it shows up fingerprints a fair bit. Here are my two, side by side. Excuse the ugly mug in the reflection.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Plus 1 Black

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does the black one have a full matte/gloss bezel? The white one I have and in your photo has the mirrored bezel around the display. I would prefer the black if it just has the case right up to the screen edge.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Lets do a M003 vs M001, I have the M003 but almost had the M001 (bought, cracked screen, returned and upgraded to M003..dealextreme ROCKs!)My List for M003 being better...Full size USB on M003 no adapter required. Wireless mouse, keyboard, hard drives, multiport USB hubs, bluetooth, Ipods, webcams? 3G modems? TV out?, endless opportunities. -800x600 screen resolution. MORE real estate! bigger is better for screen resolution. -Mirrored surface so you can check yourself out. Everyone thinks I got a $500 Ipad. Looks better than all other tablets.-MicroSD slot. This is the universal memory card to own. Get adapter and use same card on all your electronics. I got a 8gb that does 20mb/s speed new for $5.-No Bright annoying LEDs -Picture frame when not in use. Get cheap dish stand as holder. -Can use some Ipad accessories, I had to trim but put an Ipad screen cover on mine.-Road trip movie viewing, use Ipod settings on any transcoding program and put on microSD or USB thumb drive. -Connect audio out to home stereo, mount M003 and it's your audio manager, connect external hard drive and use a music manager. Pandora app is great for online audio listening. What are your PROS for M001 over M003 beside $30 cost.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jayk2k;35499 said:
Does the black one have a full matte/gloss bezel? The white one I have and in your photo has the mirrored bezel around the display. I would prefer the black if it just has the case right up to the screen edge.
The black one is the same, with the mirrored / gloss bezel as you say. But it is less obvious. Much less.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tron33;35666 said:
What are your PROS for M001 over M003 beside $30 cost.
I'd rather have the M003. But the M001 is cheap. So cheap I don't even have to ask the better half. I got my first one out of curiosity to see just how BAD it would be. To my surprise, the lowest of the low has proved to versatile and capable...and improvable. Muchly so. My next tablet will be an awesome beast with Android v2.2 that will make any iPad owner wet themselves with envy....but for now the M001 rocks. But an M003 would have been nicer. I was afraid of commitment. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.