Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Eken M001 out of the box this evening and am trying to get ADB to work. It's seen on the USB bus... linux$ lsusb -s 0001:005 Bus 001 Device 005: ID 040d:8510 VIA Technologies, Inc. ... and with the vendor ID, it's easy to create an entry to the udev definition: linux$ cat 51-android.rules SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="040d", SYMLINK+="android_adb"The symlink from /dev/android_adb to /dev is created when the M001 is plugged in.I have also changed the SYMLINK to MODE="0644" to get the media mounted.It's not as simple as going to "Settings > Applications > Development and make sure USB Debugging is on"Any gentle pointers; it is my first post.

·
Registered
74 Posts
impossible for me to use the adb command on windowsi use the adb in TOOLS directory on Android SDKthe ADB mode is ok on the M001 and i click on connect

·
Registered
23 Posts
[quote author=headliner link=topic=291.msg2466#msg2466 date=1274938056]Any gentle pointers; it is my first post.[/quote]Use a lsusb -v to see all interfaces of the usb devices. You'll see that there is simply no interface for adb, there is only a mass-storage interface. As a comparision, the Sony-Ericsson X10i has 5 interfaces :).That's the reason we reaaaaaaly need the kernel driver, in order to enable more interfaces in the usb composit driver.... or whatever it's called...

·
Registered
74 Posts
but how use the ADB connection with Windows ?when i use this commandADB DEVICEthe repons is* daemon not running. starting it now ** daemon started successfully *List of devices attached the m100 is not attached !

·
Registered
75 Posts
[quote author=cajl link=topic=291.msg2693#msg2693 date=1275030405]but how use the ADB connection[/quote]This is what the previous poster wanted to tell you:"You'll see that there is simply no interface for adb"There IS NO connection for ADB on the M001 ... this is why adb cannot connect to the M001, because the M001 does not listen.Maybe this can be changed by custom firmware ...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Are you using the usb driver add-on through the sdk on windows? I've been unable to get it to correctly install, in the device mgr it always has an error and won't enable. W/O that I can't get the M001 to connect, only the sd card/usb mass drive part connects.Or is there a different usb driver people are using?UPDATE: ok, the previous post from ricsi got me looking into what processes are running. for adb to see the m001, usbd seems to need to be running. I've extracted a copy of it from a a system dump I found, have it on the m001 and am now tracking down what should be in the usbd.conf. I'm assuming it'll need device info specific to the m001 so if anyone can get a dump from a rooted android phone and post the /etc/usbd.conf it would help point us in the right direction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
[quote author=ricsi link=topic=291.msg2711#msg2711 date=1275035645][quote author=cajl link=topic=291.msg2693#msg2693 date=1275030405]but how use the ADB connection[/quote]This is what the previous poster wanted to tell you:"You'll see that there is simply no interface for adb"There IS NO connection for ADB on the M001 ... this is why adb cannot connect to the M001, because the M001 does not listen.Maybe this can be changed by custom firmware ...[/quote]you need ADBD daemon to run on the device for adb from windows/linux to work. so get the daemon on the device running, and you ave adb working too.. a custom update or simply running adb from a terminal on the device should work, put the binary adbd on the sd card and take it from there?

·
Registered
59 Posts
ps shows adbd is running. it's started in init.rc. Running a top doesn't show any cpu for it when I connect the usb cable to the pc and the mass storage mounts. Enabling/disabling usb in the settings doesn't seem to make any difference either. I was going down the path of adding/enabling udbd based on researching other android phone forums where people were having trouble getting adb to see their devices and/or getting a usb connection to trigger installation of adb drivers instead of just the usb mass storage ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts