Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
You should get it in 2 weeks - as it ships with singpost with tracking. Update on battery life - I made 3-4 discharges and battery life ranges from 7-10h (40% brightness and wi-fi on). A full recharge (from 0 to 100%) takes about 8h now
I tried to replace the speakers, but I couldnt find any that are slim enough (8mm max).
I don't have any answer from seller in this moment. But seller home.go has good references on e Bay. I will hope and wait.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had shock yesterday. I ordered battery 8.6. and I have battery from yesterday. Only one week from China. Wonderful.

Baterry are in tablet and I'm charging it(91% in this moment).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That seller has super quick shipping and I too had a shock when I received a third (I did not order it!) battery a couple of days ago. But I dont know what to do with it now
Report back with the battery life and what will you do with old 5000 mAh battery?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have problem with charging. It was ended on 93%.(I waited 20 hours) I had problem with discharge, but after removed battery stats is it better. Now I have after 3 hours video 65% battery.

Odesláno z mého T05A pomocí Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
28 Posts
My total time was 7.15. 1 hour game, 1 hour web, email... and 5.15 video. I'm charging from yesterday and still have 94%. (1 percent more, not bad
)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did the old batteries also have a protection board? I opened up my Sysbay S-MP99 and didn't see any as far as I can remember.

I'm thinking of replacing the batteries too because battery life is really horrible now.

Also, any tips on disconnecting the flat cable that connects the two halves of the tablet? Does it just pull out or do I need to release some latches first?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Did the old batteries also have a protection board? I opened up my Sysbay S-MP99 and didn't see any as far as I can remember.

I'm thinking of replacing the batteries too because battery life is really horrible now.

Also, any tips on disconnecting the flat cable that connects the two halves of the tablet? Does it just pull out or do I need to release some latches first?
Most of the time, the protection board is part of the battery, as you always need one with li-ion and li-po batteries. They can explode when you overcharge them and they die if the voltage gets to low.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Yes, old battery had protection board.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wrote my dealers on ########### about problem with charging only to 93% and I have answer:
----------------------------
Since other clients use this battery also have no this situation.
This battery need a 4.2V charger for charging.
And would you please use a multimeter to test how much Capacitance and Output Voltage,after the battery charging full.
Any questions,please fell free contact us.
----------------------------

Do You use original charger from Eken or other one?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I am using original charger and mine charges to 100%... Also this type of chargers for charging one cell (or multi cell config in paralel) are all pretty much the same (the only difference should be how fast they are charging - so Amp output).
My guess would be that battery protection kicks in before the tablet can fully charge the batteries. If you are brave enough, you can try without the protection boards and see if you get to 100%...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am using original charger and mine charges to 100%... Also this type of chargers for charging one cell (or multi cell config in paralel) are all pretty much the same (the only difference should be how fast they are charging - so Amp output).
My guess would be that battery protection kicks in before the tablet can fully charge the batteries. If you are brave enough, you can try without the protection boards and see if you get to 100%...
Yep, the battery protection circuit is probably badly designed.
But, charging the battery without the protection ciruit is probably a very badly idea xD

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi instead of buying two new batteries, i use the original and add another 5000mAh battery.
so i a little bit confuse on how to connect the circuit. could you check this circuit i have:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
looks good to me... but how you will add one battery - i think there is not enough space, because the original battery is too square shape...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I tried charging battery separately but first was charged only to 92% and second to 94%. Seller will be send me small refund, I don't have time solved it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks to this thread and original poster.
I also did order these batteries and protectors for them. How did you manage to take the original battery off without damaging the white screen background to where the battery was taped to. I removed the battery and although I did manage with the battery removal but the white plastic was wrinkled quite badly.
Now I can see the wrinkles behind the screen image. Not that bad though. Just a little bit disturbing :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Sorry I totaly forgot to mention this. I had the same problems - those crazy chinese glued the battery to the back paper so hard that I too have managed to wrinkle the paper. It was bothering me so much that I decited to change the paper - I used glossy higly reflective paper for picture printing. Warning about changing this paper:
- changing it is not as easy as it sounds (you have to remove everthing - battery, motherboard) - so if you fell you are not up to the job - dont do it!
- DONT touch the screen behind this paper - every fingerprint is visible and it damages really easy - so dont force the paper in hard!

·
Registered
5 Posts
No problem. I just wanted to ask if you had the same problem. Thanks for the tip on glossy paper. I'll try that.

Btw. You cannot get these batteries from super.go anymore. I ordered two of these and only got one. Seller explained that their factory does not produce them anymore.
Luckily the seller sourced me one 5000mAh battery. Size is ok.
I'll replace the paper when I add the other battery in. Now I have the 5800mAh and the other 2500mAh battery in place.

Edit :

You were right. It's very difficult to change. I managed to crack the lcd display
So if anyone has a spare 9.7" IPS LCD screen that fits the Eken A90 tablet. I would be willing to buy it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you very much for this, i am getting Eken a90 in few days and i am very interested in doing this.

I can't find to buy battery "3.7V 5800mAh 1C Lipo Rechargeable Battery Cell" insted i found "3.7 5C 5000mAh", so i am a little confused.

Can you tell me what "5C" stands for? and which one should i use since there are range from 1C to 30C. And how do you determine which protection board you need since they also vary in range from 1-3C, 5C and more. Thank you very much!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts