Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I put the latest Christian Troy CM9 firmware on last night and everything was fine, the battery was low on power so I turned it off and went to bed.

I plugged my tablet into the mains charger this morning and left it but it hasn't charged and it won't switch on. Also it won't charge by the USB lead either.

It was fine when I used it last night no sudden shut down or anything, there was about 7% power left and I shut it down myself as normal now it seems dead.

Is there anything I can do?

Edit: The tablet has/is charging but the screen is remaining black (which is why it was not switching on) but luckily it briefly flickered so I saw it was actually charged and working. I put the old firmware back on using livesuite but the screen is still black (with occasional flicker) I thought reverting to the original firmware would fix it.

Does anyone know if this is a hardware or a software problem?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have got it working but the screen is flickering to the point where you can't really use it. It has the stock firmware on it but the speakers are really bad as well they make a really loud annoying scracthy noise. It seems like the sound and screen are failing, has anyone come across this before? Is the motherboard failing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! How did you get it to work again? I think I may be having the same problem. All I see is a black screen, though it's possible to connect the thing over HDMI on an external screen (touch screen is still responsive!) What to do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! How did you get it to work again? I think I may be having the same problem. All I see is a black screen, though it's possible to connect the thing over HDMI on an external screen (touch screen is still responsive!) What to do?
How did you get on with this?
I have the exact same problem and it's driving me nuts!
I can use the device perfectly with HDMI out but there is a black screen on the device itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts