Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.9.1 certainly feels snappier and has a different boot animation, but otherwise not a whole lot different. 1.9.1 brings the camera back which hadn't worked in the m002 for 1.9.0, but it doesn't seem to work in any apps besides the camera/camcorder setup provided. In 1.7.4 you can use the camera with fxcamera, fring, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
seems that the app store for android is missing, anyway it was not working ... Bought this thing mainly for an e-book reader and pdf's, the PDF reader coming in the image is a bit slow, wonder if you know what would be the best pdf reader for it.Have to learn a lot more mod this thing better ... any hack for overcloking the CPU ? cheers !

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hadn't checked to see if market was in the new release since I don't have my wifi adapter in right now. It'd be an easy add and there are instructions on the forum for fixing the market by manually adding an Android ID.I'm not sure what's best for pdf, but I use aldiko for ebooks.As for overclocking, my understanding is that the clock speed is locked in hardware. You can add a swap partition on your sdcard to get a little better performance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Man u r really into it
Gonna check these tips you gave me here, but it's nice to get every little bit of performance that we can from the device. I saw the post for fixing the Market, would be nice to have a script to do it all :)Tks Mammlouk, keep the good work !

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You don't need any buttons to root it. Just download a rom that has root and put the script folder into the root od your sdcard. Then reboot the device with it in and the upgrade scripts will run.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Turns out that my device is an EKEN 256M not a M002, also maybe called flytouch. On that forum (Flytouch - epad) I not only fixed device but connected to market with no trouble. Is running 1.9.88.v3k (256 MB ver) which would not install over 1 .9 .1 (only registering 128MB) but did install over (M001)1.7.1.Possibly the 128MB version would run on M002, for no hassle market and Slide SAM3.5, also with superuser and root access automatically granted.I repeat this is definitely an EKEN 256M- Android system info confirms.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Android System Imfomation Says (in Build Infos)Manufacturer : Great ChinaBoard : EKEN 256MBrand : EKEN 256MDevice : EKEN 256MDisplay : Donut.eng.sinexle.20100731.050828Purcashed on 27 Aug from seller with access to/or being chinafactoryoutlets, a megawholesaler in same city as Eken. Only the Ebay listing said M002, and what I have is a higher spec - I'm not complaining

·
Registered
10 Posts
mammlouk;52409 said:
If you are pulling it from another rom it should be in android_fs.tar/./system/app/GoogleApps.apk
Hello, I took this file from ROM 1.7.4 and i installed in the new ROM throught the SD Card. Google APPs is installed but i cannot install new application from google. I dont have android market application just App store which is not from google i thing. Do you know how to do.Thank you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.