Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
[quote author=theb00g1em4n link=topic=437.msg3723#msg3723 date=1275345510]i got a unbranded eken m001 today for ?60 but cant seem to find any ebook software to work on it.can anyone help, i have tried the pre-installed1 but tells me to get full version before use?[/quote]Ireader is great for .txtwied

·
Registered
59 Posts
When you say you can't copy files onto /sdcard/books, do you mean like from a pc or downloading from a network or website? If you're trying to dl from a website, the problem may be that there's no association for epub. Android won't let you dl a file it doesn't know what to do with, that way you don't end up with a file you can't delete. You can install a program like Download Crutch Lite which acts like a catchall for unknown filetypes. You can also use something like Astro File Manager which has an option to turn on downloading of unknown filetypes. I've had no luck fooling the regular browser or Dolphin but Opera Mini will let you save epubs if you have Download Crutch Lite installed.Once you have the epubs under /sdcard/books, they'll appear in the library automagically. It doesn't require a manual import like Aldiko does (although that's a great ereader too!).One other note, in trying to work around the unrecognized filetype, I'd tried creating an association for epub using Astro (application:book) but that triggered the bookreader whenever I'd click on an epub and none of the bookreaders work that way... oops!

·
Registered
83 Posts
The folder /sdcard is a mount point. You should not put files here when there is no card in the machine as they wont be visible when you do put the card in, or the card may fail to mount.While the device does have some spare storage, it is best to use the SD Card as the internal storage can be a bit slow, and any additional reads from it can slow the device down more (I have seen this on mine when using the 1GB of user storage space).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Recently received the Eken M001. Downloaded Aldiko onto it and seems to work very well. However, anyone know how to access settings on this? I understand that you should be able to reverse ink/paper so you can get white on black page - however I don't seem to be able to access any settings. Anyone know what to do?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts