Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does someone know how to edit configure the 3g connection on this pad (Android 1.7.4) using external usb 3g modem?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, solved by myself. it's a bit tricky and, i think, only works for some hawey keys (because kernel support). All you have to do is edit the file /etc/ppp/chat_DeviceHW_E220.conf and change the line OK AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","your_APN_here".After that create a new 3g connection in the wifi setup, and select the E220 device.P.S. It is supposed you have your key modem connected in a USB port.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It work 100% i use E169 key and Italian Vodafone carrier. The only think is that it's unconfortable to have the pad, the adapter and the key plugged in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The "key" is the 3g usb modem . You can find it on ebay or from local vendor... Surely you can use Hawey E220 or E169

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could someone please explain how to edit the file. I am new to linux/Android. I have a huawei e220 modem (unlocked) with the zt-180 epad.Ta

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where do I get this? I cannot seem to download anything from android marketplace. It jsut gives me you dont have permission to access this page when i try????Thanks for assistance!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts