Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Droidyouarelooking4,

You should browse my rom's repository when you have a chance, there is a surprise for you in there

Seems to work without issue on mine, let me know what you find out.
I haven't got to your script yet, I am too tired for that right now lol

Let me know if it works!

DW

PS: I think I got adb to the recovery side hehehehe Tomorrow is going to be fun

It really sucks that the bootloader is that locked down, and well, I'm still too scared lol.

In case anyone is interested in the technical side of it, the bootclass I had to use was:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Good morning,
In case anyone is still interested in my stuff, I am currently pulling (adb -d pull /) the recovery side.

I will have to test some assumptions I have, but this is coming up nicely.
Not for the faint of heart though, balls (real or figurative) required!

LMAO god damn this looks rigged together, you guys should see the fdisk command file...
d
n
p

t
b
w

/me gets the fdisk man out

Let me know if you guys want to look at it.
DW

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Good morning,
In case anyone is still interested in my stuff, I am currently pulling (adb -d pull /) the recovery side.

I will have to test some assumptions I have, but this is coming up nicely.
Not for the faint of heart though, balls (real or figurative) required!

LMAO god damn this looks rigged together, you guys should see the fdisk command file...
d
n
p

t
b
w

/me gets the fdisk man out

Let me know if you guys want to look at it.
DW
Yes please...

·
Registered
239 Posts
lmao of course my friend

I am having a problem pulling everything off the tab, it gets stuck in the /sys folder.

I will try my "sh" trick and see if I can get adb shell working, that way I'll see what I can pull...

In the meantime, I will upload the ones I did get out, which are etc, cache, tmp, xbin and sbin.

That way you will be able to have some fun

There is one more log in cache than usual, haven't took the time to look at it yet, but the recovery one is there

DW

**EDIT:

4shared is up, mediafire failed so I started it again. up

Did you guys know that in the begginning, all I wanted is the serial usb kernel modules to load at boot?
Damn I going a long way for this... lol

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
lmao Thanks

Well, you don't have a ZT-282, I don't have Flash 11 and BBC iPlayer, so I think it's a fair deal

I didn't bench every little tweak, but then again it isnt my goal, and its pretty quick
Too bad you can't see that and the wallpapers

G'night
I'll play around my "other stuff" a bit I think now.

Would have been doing that hours ago if I watched what I was doing... hehehehe

DW

·
Registered
38 Posts
lmao Thanks

Well, you don't have a ZT-282, I don't have Flash 11 and BBC iPlayer, so I think it's a fair deal

I didn't bench every little tweak, but then again it isnt my goal, and its pretty quick
Too bad you can't see that and the wallpapers

G'night
I'll play around my "other stuff" a bit I think now.

Would have been doing that hours ago if I watched what I was doing... hehehehe

DW
I don't know whether this will make a difference with BBCiplayer. The wife has bought a Galaxy 3 phone. BBCiplayer throu the official app does not work when connected just by wifi. Comes up please connect to the Network. still does not work. this phone runs ICS, but connect to the network, then do a search for the player using google as the search engine then the player works. Now is this due a greedy network provided, wanting to rake in as much money for your internet usage, and blocking other cheaper methods.------ So my question is. Has anybody got the iplayer to work on the zenithink just by using a dongle.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I don't know whether this will make a difference with BBCiplayer. The wife has bought a Galaxy 3 phone. BBCiplayer throu the official app does not work when connected just by wifi. Comes up please connect to the Network. still does not work. this phone runs ICS, but connect to the network, then do a search for the player using google as the search engine then the player works. Now is this due a greedy network provided, wanting to rake in as much money for your internet usage, and blocking other cheaper methods.------ So my question is. Has anybody got the iplayer to work on the zenithink just by using a dongle.
Uhm, not as far as I know !

I don't think this is related thought, as I could get data in the iPlayer app, just not play anything (ie: the thumbnails were showing and all)

But hey, I think we can all agree on the fact that I've been wrong before

BTW: shitty network provider seriously, that's some bad business practice right there...

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that...

DW

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi....I tried all the custom roms in site ...But 1c is the best because the battery life exceeded the 5 hours.The last 1d only 3.5 hours ...
I tried 3 times and in 2 different tablets (in mine and my wife) .... It's unbelievable ... With other roms it does not exceed 3 hours ...
Keep up the good work and thanks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Xiro,
Thank you for taking the time to test all this!
I will look into the differences between 1d and 1c perhaps I can figure out what I did.

I think I might have an idea about this....

Again, thank you!

DW

·
Registered
239 Posts
Xiro:
I am looking into this currently and if you still have one of your tabs available for testing there is some things you could try to help me figure this out:

I wrote the instructions as per the 1d rom, if you are using 1c, just reverse the way you copy files.

1. Uninstall ES Task manager (Install if on 1c)
EDIT: It does not use any processor time if not active.

2. Replace NWP Launcher by original launcher (Don't think it's this one but ... lest do this one last)
Copy the Launcher2.original.apk from the 1c /system/app folder to a USB flash drive,
Using ES file explorer, copy it to the /system/app folder on your tablet.
Then remove Launcher2.NWP.apk from the /system/app folder.
The tab won't like it, but give it a couple seconds and hit the Home button, it will go back to the original launcher automatically.

3. Replace the build.prop file from 1d for the one from 1c
Copy the build.prop from the 1c rom's /system folder to a USB flash drive,
Using ES file explorer, copy it to the /system/app folder on your tablet.

So for a quick resume ...

There was 3(4) changes in 1d that I can see to drain the battery faster:

1. ES Task manager was added by default to 1d
2. The trick I used for new backgrounds in the launcher might be utilizing more CPU power that the original, because it's a dirty trick I am not proud of... :|
3. Changes in the build.prop in 1d

(4) If you still are on the 1c rom, you could also see if updating gmail to the latest version has any influence on battery duration as it was updated to the latest version in 1d.

I wrote this for Xiro as he is the one that brought this issue to my attention.
Everyone is free to do their own testing, as always!

I will be doing testing myself starting with #3, hopefully we can figure this one out

DW

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
After doing a bunch of testing, I can say (obviously) that it lies in the build.prop file.

I have uploaded the build.prop file from Alpha_1c to the repositories we can easily use it when flashing version 1d.

** WARNING: To all of you that didn't bother to read the changelog, your date format is likely to be wrong. It is set towards the end of the file and the settings are clearly identified. You can change those values to suit your location. **

That warning is good for ALL past and future versions.

DW

61 - 73 of 73 Posts