Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
DW 0327 H3_1a Alpha Roms Release Thread

DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU, YOUR TABLET, WIFE, KID, DOG, CAR, etc...

ALSO: Sorry about my grammar, english is not my primary language. If you seen any mistakes (in the rom in particular) let me know!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT VERSION: Alpha_1d (06/20/2012)

New in this release:
+- Slight file system rework (put files that don't need to be changed into system.zt280.tar.bz)
+- Completely deodexed OEM APKs and Framework
+- Modified command file (Commented out --update_efuse_licence=1)
- Removed licence1.ef from rom flash
+- Some modification to build.prop (Feel free to use your own!)
+- Changed the available wallpapers
+- Changed keyboard back to ICS keyboard.
+- Moved ES File Explorer to /data/app
+ Added ES Task Manager to /data/app
+- ES File Explorer is now Root Explorer/Writable FS/Up to Root by default (Will ask for SU on first start)
+- Updated Gmail to 4.0.5 (moved to /data/app)
- Removed Apks:
AppInstaller.apk
CapTouch.apk
Development.apk
Gmail.apk (updated)
NoiseField.apk
PhaseBeam.apk
PlusOne.apk
QuickSearchBox.apk
VideoEditorGoogle.apk

That is all, I just wanted to fix the apk thing ASAP, and well added the boot animation while I was there.

File storage locations (mirrors):
http://deskwizard.4shared.com/
http://www.mediafire.com/?jc530rpo6hrfl

There is also some other apps in the zt_apps folder on the hosts.
Those app are to be used as system or installed apps, they are not the installers.

I also take requests if anyone wants to see a specific app included in these folders. Content will be updated as I try apps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planned For next release:
(According to what I can achieve, so this can change at any time)
Last updated 06/30/2012
+- Back to 1c build.prop
+ Integrated market patch
- Removed unused folder from media.zt280.tar.bz
+- Updated Google Maps to latest version (6.9.0)
+- Updated Youtube to latest version (4.0.8E)

And more

Older versions:

Warning: I'm an idiot and took the wrong folder for b and b2, so MMS.apk and Phone.apk are still there.

I have uploaded Alpha_1c today, which fixed that and added a new boot animation.

Warning: AC3 IS BROKEN IN ALL VERSION BEFORE Alpha_1b2

Alpha_1c (06/18/2012)
New in this release:
+- Removed MMS.apk and Phone.apk for real this time ...
+- Changed boot animation

That is all, I just wanted to fix the apk thing ASAP, and well added the boot animation while I was there.

Alpha_1b2 (06/15/2012)

Alpha_1b2 Fixes the previous non-working AC3/DTS issues in previous releases.

New in this release:
+ FIXED AC3/DTS AUDIO
+ Added /data/apps folder to rom flash for easy app installation
- Removed latinIME.apk (Default android keyboard)
+ Added Hacker's keyboard with english dictionary (let me know if you want others included)
+- Minor tweaks to build.prop (in /system/ rom folder, See bottom of prop file for details!)
(You can now set your timezone, locale settings, date format, etc before flashing so
you don't have to do it every time)
+ Completely deodexed /system/app folder (all files in rom folder for the time being, let me
know if you prefer them there or in the system.zt280.tar.bz)
+- Modified command file to require ONLY system.zt280.tar.bz
+- Moved Captouch.apk from system.patch.zt280.tar.bz to /system/app rom flash folder.
- Removed phone.apk and mms.apk
+ Added back maps.apk and youtube.apk (To /data/app, remove them before flashing if you
don't want them.)

Alpha_1b (06/15/2012)

New in this release:
+ Added /data/apps folder to rom flash for easy app installation
- Removed latinIME.apk (Default android keyboard)
+ Added Hacker's keyboard with english dictionary (let me know if you want others included)
+- Minor tweaks to build.prop (in /system/ rom folder, See bottom of prop file for details!)
(You can now set your timezone, locale settings, date format, etc before flashing so
you don't have to do it every time)
+ Completely deodexed /system/app folder (all files in rom folder for the time being, let me
know if you prefer them there or in the system.zt280.tar.bz)
+- Modified command file to require ONLY system.zt280.tar.bz
+- Moved Captouch.apk from system.patch.zt280.tar.bz to /system/app rom flash folder.
- Removed phone.apk and mms.apk
+ Added back maps.apk and youtube.apk (To /data/app, remove them before flashing if you
don't want them.)

Alpha_1 and Alpha_1a (06/10/2012):

Alpha1 and Alpha1a should be identical in functionality.
Please use Alpha1a, and revert back to Alpha1 if there is any launcher related problems, but in theory, both should work just the same.

Complete changelog is included in both roms. There is some important information enclosed. Please take the time to read it.

It is pretty much just the 0327 rom with some apps removed/updated.
The kernel used is Omarahum's 900mHz / 2GB data kernel.
Vopo, DTS fix is also implemented, though untested at this point.
Big thanks to you both for your great work!
Special thanks to Omarahum who had the patience of answering a bunch of noob questions I keep shooting at him.

Flash Player 10.2 should also stick once installed (no need to reinstall after reboot). See changelogs.

Like I said, I dont know why it work / if it will work for you, but here it is...

Please let me know if it works !

Let me know what you think and if you find anything odd/not working.
I also take requests!
I'm not saying I'll do, but I take them

DW

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good day everyone!

Here is the release of my rom.
It's not complete by any means.
All you need to know is either above or in the change logs.

Enjoy!

DW
Tried your rom, just to see if I could get BBCiplayer to work. (my one and only goal) gave it an hour, but sadly it does not work. One day it will get cracked. thanx for your hard work.---the rom loaded up ok, I'll leave it on there a while. I'll be able to judge whether the speed and smoothness is better than the official rom. Have tried to download uberoid's rom, but I suppose you have to join another forum to get it, maybe you could team up and share ideas.

·
Registered
239 Posts
general custard,
This rom, or any other rom for now, will NOT currently help with BBC iPlayer.

As stated everywhere at least 1000 times, BBC iPlayer requires Flash 11.

Sadly for the time being, we are all out of luck.

Also, you do need to registed at techknow to download his rom as far as I know.
We couldn't get it to work on mine, even though it apprently worked on his.
Why don't you give it a try!

DW

·
Registered
38 Posts
general custard,
This rom, or any other rom for now, will NOT currently help with BBC iPlayer.

As stated everywhere at least 1000 times, BBC iPlayer requires Flash 11.

Sadly for the time being, we are all out of luck.

Also, you do need to registed at techknow to download his rom as far as I know.
We couldn't get it to work on mine, even though it apprently worked on his.
Why don't you give it a try!

DW
You've got to admit, that I'm a tryer. I gave it ago but couldn't even get the rom to load. It was a fair precedure to even get it. Looks as if the guy is producing a program that fits all/most Zenithink tablets and you pick out what you want, with me it's hit and miss cos I don't even know what I'm doing. Anyway I bow down to a superior mind, and I will continue to watch your work. Yes a 1000 times I've heard that BBCiplayer needs flash 11 to work. But what I can't get my head around is Samsung phone Galaxy S2, Asus TF101 and Asus Prime all run Android I.C.S. and the iplayer works fine. So can the Zenithink program be brokem into so a fix can be inserted, or is it a hardware problem contained within the pad so no matter what rom is produced the player is never going to work. This would explain the lack of responce from the factory. JUST THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX YOU UNDERSTAND.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
general custard,

Sorry about my attitude in the previous post. The lack of sleep was getting to me ...

Thanks for trying out the rom. Might I ask if you used the 1 or 1a version ?

About flash 11, from what I understood of it, the problem for getting it to work on our tab is hardware acceleration.
There is a lot of details about it in the flash post AFAIK. Considering this is a hardware compatibility, it will have to be fixed by zenithink. It is not a "hardware problem" per say, more of a driver problem, if you understand what I mean.

HcH rom's is indeed an all-in-one version so you have to use the CHANGER so it makes the right zt-update for the selected tablet.

Only bow down to superior minds if you put that face in a book
I started from nothing when I got the tab, never even used android before! Now look, I'm making my own damn rom! I learned a lot by looking around, reading posts, etc... but the real learning was hands-on, playing with the thing, trying stuff that does and doesnt work... Just like you did.

Have a nice day!
DW

·
Registered
38 Posts
general custard,

Sorry about my attitude in the previous post. The lack of sleep was getting to me ...

Thanks for trying out the rom. Might I ask if you used the 1 or 1a version ?

About flash 11, from what I understood of it, the problem for getting it to work on our tab is hardware acceleration.
There is a lot of details about it in the flash post AFAIK. Considering this is a hardware compatibility, it will have to be fixed by zenithink. It is not a "hardware problem" per say, more of a driver problem, if you understand what I mean.

HcH rom's is indeed an all-in-one version so you have to use the CHANGER so it makes the right zt-update for the selected tablet.

Only bow down to superior minds if you put that face in a book
I started from nothing when I got the tab, never even used android before! Now look, I'm making my own damn rom! I learned a lot by looking around, reading posts, etc... but the real learning was hands-on, playing with the thing, trying stuff that does and doesnt work... Just like you did.

Have a nice day!
DW
I used your 1A version. Had a read on the TechKnow forum, similar problems on there, everybody is looking for a fix. Maybe there isn't one, perhaps it's time for me to stop posting, you never know Zenithink may admit that it is a hardware issue, and do the honourable thing and swop em for the new C92 that is in the pipe line. ------If not based on my C91 upgrade experience I definately won't be buying one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi DW i had posted in the flash player problem thread about flash 11. You dont think the fix you have done for the flash 10.2 will work for 11? I dont know what you did so Im clutching at straws.

What sort of driver do you think it could be for flash? I have been looking at updated drivers for the mali400 gpu chip in the tablet which may be able to be loaded by someone with a little more knowledge as I have seen a video of it running on a zt282 c71 upgrade. The new mali drivers improve the graphics performance of the tablet. I will try and find the web pages for it again.

Cheers
harty

·
Registered
113 Posts
Heres the website for driver updates for the mali 400: http://www.malideveloper.com/developer-resources/drivers/open-source-mali-gpus-linux-kernel-device-drivers.php

I opened the mali 400 driver for the 08 june 2012 and found a read me in one of the folders telling how to install the driver:
Building the Mali Device Driver for Linux
-----------------------------------------

Build the Mali Device Driver for Linux by running the following make command:

KDIR=<kdir_path> USING_UMP=<ump_option> BUILD=<build_option> \
TARGET_PLATFORM=<target_platform> CONFIG=<your_config> make

where
kdir_path: Path to your Linux Kernel directory
ump_option: 1 = Enable UMP support(*)
0 = disable UMP support
build_option: debug = debug build of driver
release = release build of driver
target_platform: Name of the sub-folder in platform/ that contains the
required mali_platform.c file.
your_config: Name of the sub-folder to find the required config.h(**) file
("arch-" will be prepended)

(*) For newer Linux Kernels, the Module.symvers file for the UMP device driver
must be available. The UMP_SYMVERS_FILE variable in the Makefile should
point to this file. This file is generated when the UMP driver is built.

(**) The config.h file contains the configuration parameters needed, like where the
Mali GPU is located, interrupts it uses, memory and so on.

The result will be a mali.ko file, which can be loaded into the Linux kernel
by using the insmod command.

I dont know if this update is possible but it might help our tablet especialy with games etc. I will find the video running the new update also.

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Flash 11.1 update is out in the market and after uninstalling 10.1 I installed 11.1 rebooted and it works

Try it :)

I would try the BBC iPlayer but it isn't available to me in the market...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Flash 11.1 update is out in the market and after uninstalling 10.1 I installed 11.1 rebooted and it works

I sooooooooooooooooooooooooo Hope this is true!!!

Off to the market I go !

BTW: I am working on alpha1b c or d I dont know anymore

Harty:
I am so sorry about that, I swear I read 10.2 in there... Again, sorry for the misunderstanding on my part

DW

·
Registered
239 Posts

***Edit: Are you sure it's 10.1 you started with? If so, where from? ***

I tried doing the same but it doesn't work for me. Perhaps it's because 10.2 wasn't already installed before I installed 11.1
It shows as detected by the first test page I am using, but wont load the actual flash content on the second link.

If you have some time, please test using those sites and report back. Thanks!

I will do more testing tonight.

DW

·
Registered
113 Posts
DW I tried the flash 11 from the market but it doesnt work. It is not detected by the adobe test link you posted in any browser format. Also tested flash 11 with BBC iPlayer and it doesnt work again. It has been said many times on the c91 and c91 upgrade forums that the issue with flash 11 is not with ics but with our tablet and the firmware zenithink have provided. I think I read somewhere that flash needed to be in the kernel or something like that so its a problem created by zenithink not releasing new firmwares or even better releasing the source code.

Cheers

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heres the website for driver updates for the mali 400: http://www.malideveloper.com/developer-resources/drivers/open-source-mali-gpus-linux-kernel-device-drivers.php

I opened the mali 400 driver for the 08 june 2012 and found a read me in one of the folders telling how to install the driver:
Building the Mali Device Driver for Linux
-----------------------------------------

Build the Mali Device Driver for Linux by running the following make command:

KDIR=<kdir_path> USING_UMP=<ump_option> BUILD=<build_option> \
TARGET_PLATFORM=<target_platform> CONFIG=<your_config> make

where
kdir_path: Path to your Linux Kernel directory
ump_option: 1 = Enable UMP support(*)
0 = disable UMP support
build_option: debug = debug build of driver
release = release build of driver
target_platform: Name of the sub-folder in platform/ that contains the
required mali_platform.c file.
your_config: Name of the sub-folder to find the required config.h(**) file
("arch-" will be prepended)

(*) For newer Linux Kernels, the Module.symvers file for the UMP device driver
must be available. The UMP_SYMVERS_FILE variable in the Makefile should
point to this file. This file is generated when the UMP driver is built.

(**) The config.h file contains the configuration parameters needed, like where the
Mali GPU is located, interrupts it uses, memory and so on.

The result will be a mali.ko file, which can be loaded into the Linux kernel
by using the insmod command.

I dont know if this update is possible but it might help our tablet especialy with games etc. I will find the video running the new update also.

Cheers
From the website you linked:

Note that these components are not a complete driver stack. To build a functional OpenGL ES or OpenVG driver you need access to the full source code of the Mali DDK, which is provided under the standard ARM commercial licence to all Mali GPU customers.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Right that would be why there is a Lima project. A developer who has decompiled the code and made an open source Mali GPU driver. That is what was runnning in the video I have seen on a c71. Look up Lima mali driver on google to see what I mean. There is also a code for inputting these drivers onto our tablet but its a bit complicated for me.

Cheers

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep, its me all around my friend

What's in the pipeline? I have no idea

I'll probably play with the build.prop file for a while for my rom.

BTW everyone, this is not meant a as flash-and-be-done-with it rom, you can customize all you want, I put a bunch of app there that you
can put in or remove. I'll take the launcher out of the system.tar.bz in the next release you we can switch launcher easily.

You can even add new apps yourself if you want to! It's a little trickier, but if you don't feel up to it, let me know what app and I'll see what I can do

This is a work in progress and I am in no way competing with other roms, I'm just learning here

DW

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep, its me all around my friend

What's in the pipeline? I have no idea

I'll probably play with the build.prop file for a while for my rom.

BTW everyone, this is not meant a as flash-and-be-done-with it rom, you can customize all you want, I put a bunch of app there that you
can put in or remove. I'll take the launcher out of the system.tar.bz in the next release you we can switch launcher easily.

You can even add new apps yourself if you want to! It's a little trickier, but if you don't feel up to it, let me know what app and I'll see what I can do

This is a work in progress and I am in no way competing with other roms, I'm just learning here
Well I've opened a folder on my desktop with DESKWIZARD on it.----As I can't get that other stuff to work, I'm going to put yours back on. I'm tipping it's allot better than the standard factory rom.----Carry on burning that candle---

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.