Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to replace my laptop with my tablet. For the most part I never turn my laptop on anymore. I do still turn it on to watch movies when out and about and to burn movies when needed. I know that I can rip the movies to the device, but that takes up time and memory, and you don't get the selection to choose from. I so I was able to find a android compatible dvd player/burner plugs in thought 1 usb port and runs off the tablets power. I have not been able find any software for this hardware. Has this been a thought/problem for anyone else. Any suggested software hardware ideas greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry I forgot to mention that I have a zt-283 c97 tab, and it running jellybean. I the dvd writer/player I found is the se 218-bb its only 30 to 40 dollars on most sites. I am worried about software. I know battery life is going to be an issue. That's ok.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry I forgot to mention that I have a zt-283 c97 tab, and it running jellybean. I the dvd writer/player I found is the se 218-bb its only 30 to 40 dollars on most sites. I am worried about software. I know battery life is going to be an issue. That's ok.
I think the tablet make no more sense for you.

I guess you spent around $220-230 for it, then add a DVD writer $50-60 delivered, think about "portability", also you'll always run in compatibility issues, another problem I see when Android is running it has already eaten around 500MB and even more which amounts to more than half the total system memory ram.
No I don't think that a DVD writer is workable for now, maybe in the future when new technology allow smaller and more powerful hardware.

I think for now the best solution for you is a ultra laptop.

·
Super Moderator
3,225 Posts
DVD Burner may will be OK for the Surface! But Android! It would be a better solution just copy what you like to burn to your Laptop or Desktop PC and you ready to go all you like about!

Android Devices a still running on very low power consumption and to ad an Burner to it would drain the batteries very fast and down their lifetime as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts