Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I received my device it looked like there was a big speck of dust under the protective screen cover that is ships with. When I removed protective layer of plastic it it turned out the dust was actually between the screen and the plastic face. I have never messed around with resistive touch screens, is it possible to get the dust out if i open it up and pull out the screen.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
In my M001, the touch screen seemed to be glued to the LCD frame. I really don't think that you can separate the two without risk to the touch screen. Not with my M001, but I have cracked a touch screen trying to separate it from the LCD before. They are very fragile. A look on ebay shows that a replacement (for the eee pc) 7" touch screen goes for about $40 - quite the risk, I think.

·
Registered
37 Posts
if the dust is between the touchscreen and the plastic protective film(with mirrors on edges) you could get rid of it by removing the plastic and sticking it back! if it is between the LCD and the touchscreen, you could get rid of it by tring to blow air between the two, with an aie spray (the LCD and the touchscreen are glued only by top and botom edges, the sides are clear). that would require to disasamble the hole tablet, wich is pretty hard without braking some plastic clips that hold the case toghether.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts