Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - So I got my aPad yesterday, got it going, loved it, then on closer inspection discovered 3 or 4 large dust particles beneath the screen. Talked to the guy I bought it from and he suggested that i carefully disassemble the unit and try to blow the dust out. He'll even honour the warranty afterward! So, here's my thought:Like the Eken M003 (Asure chime in here if your readingt this thread), the screws must be beneath the black plastic frame. Tommorrow, I am going to CAREFULLY use a hair dry to soften the adhesive and gently lift the black frame away from the edges of the case using a guitar pick to look for the screws.If I find the screws, I intend to disassemble the unit (take lots of hirez pictures and blow the screen clear. I will then reassemble the unit.Okay - any thoughts?

·
Registered
25 Posts
[quote author=donaldson link=topic=486.msg4088#msg4088 date=1275436440]Okay - So I got my aPad yesterday, got it going, loved it, then on closer inspection discovered 3 or 4 large dust particles beneath the screen. Talked to the guy I bought it from and he suggested that i carefully disassemble the unit and try to blow the dust out. He'll even honour the warranty afterward! So, here's my thought:Like the Eken M003 (Asure chime in here if your readingt this thread), the screws must be beneath the black plastic frame. Tommorrow, I am going to CAREFULLY use a hair dry to soften the adhesive and gently lift the black frame away from the edges of the case using a guitar pick to look for the screws.If I find the screws, I intend to disassemble the unit (take lots of hirez pictures and blow the screen clear. I will then reassemble the unit.Okay - any thoughts?[/quote]well, I've got the same problem like you, but, i've only got 1 little dust.I've communicate with chip3c in a Chinese forum, he said he will give me a tutorial later on how to disassemble the unit. Frankly, I don't think it will help much, besides, it may lead to more dust entering after you disassemble your device once.From another angle, once you're managed to disassemble the unit, you can modified it, maybe changing the battery, the loudspeaker, etc.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's all bad news for those of us with dust particles I am afraid.I took a closer look today. The black plastic layer that makes up the screen frame and the transparent portion that covers the screen is actually glued to the frame and the screen itself. There simply is no way to blow out the dust because the dust is trapped, actually glued in placed between the top plastic layer and the touch screen. The tablet's defective, unfortunately. It's too bad, it's such a pretty device. To ruin it with such poor workmanship is sad. How did it even leave the factory?At best, I can see my self peeling off the entire plastic layer, hopefully not cracking the touch screen as I did, then cleaning the touch screen with a mild solvent to remove the glue. Using a sharp exacto knife, I could then remove the transparent section over the screen and then afix a more conventional screen protector. A lot of work.I've asked for a warranty return, though who knows, I might take a partial refund and try to fix it myself or live with the dust. Just seems sad. It's brand new! Oh well, live and learn!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts