Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to pick up my tablet off the desk and it slipped out of my hand and slapped the desk pretty hard.

Heres what it looks like now..

Have I truly borked my tablet? Or do you think a connector is loose? Worth opening and having a look?

·
Super Moderator
3,234 Posts
If you're lucky it's only that the data cable lose the connection a bit. For to check, you'll need to open the Tab and check to disconnect and connect again for see it will work. If you're not so lucky you'll have to replace the Screen and that may is more expensive than a new Tab!!

Personally I think it's the screen because of the gray shades in the upper and lower corner on the left side, within the color stripes.

·
Global Moderator
878 Posts
Worth opening and having a look yes, but, I suspect the screen unit is well borked. ;(

·
Global Moderator
878 Posts
Try this :

·
Global Moderator
878 Posts
Yes, be careful about damaging your damaged tablet when taking it apart.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
return it under warranty if there is no visible damages nobody knows that u drop it dont open it there can be stash warranty stickers inside..
^This

Send it back if you still have warranty but weigh the cost involved in both fixing and returning first.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello,
My kids have dropped the tablet at least... twice!!! and because of the last time they dropped it, tablet is now quite damaged... Sometimes doesn't boot ... just stays with the android logo... sometimes boots and works ok, but wifi gets desconnected a lot and if I let it sleeping... just reboots... do you know if there is a chance to fix it by opening...? what should I look for if I take it apart?
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.