Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped Apad V2 metal red led onto wooden floor, should have been more careful! It landed vertically on the end with mini usb's and on/off switch. Since dropping major issue is that any contact, it can be a light as a feather or harder with the on/off switch causes it to turn off. Am contemplating dismantling the unit to see if the on/off board/switch is damaged or the drop has caused wire to become dislogded.Have found youtube vid showing how to dismantle, would like to ask a couple questions before attempting(1) Has anyone in here pulled metal apad apart? and any tricks you discovered while doing so?(2) Does anyone have a good close up shot of the on/off switch (internals) to have a look at before starting to dismatling it.Cheers and appreciate any assistance

· Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
colossus, thanks for the pic, know what it looks like now at least before pulling it apart, something to compare it to is great. The on/off button on mine is now pushed in and flat with aluminium body, hoping the damage isnt to badcheers

· Registered
67 Posts
PM me if you need help. [quote name='mingnon;32527]Dropped Apad V2 metal red led onto wooden floor' date=' should have been more careful! It landed vertically on the end with mini usb's and on/off switch. Since dropping major issue is that any contact, it can be a light as a feather or harder with the on/off switch causes it to turn off. Am contemplating dismantling the unit to see if the on/off board/switch is damaged or the drop has caused wire to become dislogded.Have found youtube vid showing how to dismantle, would like to ask a couple questions before attempting(1) Has anyone in here pulled metal apad apart? and any tricks you discovered while doing so?(2) Does anyone have a good close up shot of the on/off switch (internals) to have a look at before starting to dismatling it.Cheers and appreciate any assistance[/QUOTE']

· Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crowdeyc;32628 said:
PM me if you need help.
Hi Crowdeyc, great to meet another Sydney person !Was really worried about pulling this one apart, if its got screws im happy, but this no screw business scares the hell outta me, is to easy to wreck something. Played about with the switch, and managed to get it stratight with some gentle prying and a jewellers screwdriver, then attempted to turn it on, same issue sensitive and liable to turn with slightest touch.Played about some more and worked out if on/off switch is wedged hard enough in the on position won't turn itself off. Small piece of molded plastic trimmed down to fit in the gap, gently tapped/pushed in is enough to keep it turned on. Seems to stay in place, dont want to glue it. As can be seen the usb (left) is a bit wonky, but plug fits okay.Mental note to self - Hold it tighter next time !

· Registered
50 Posts
At least with the aluminium versions it appears taking them apart just requires a big suction cup and a little bit of patience. The plastic backed versions require peeling off a part of the screen surround, which by most accounts ruins the look of the unit.Mine has started to exhibit random turn offs too, and I certainly haven't dropped it. Oh well... :-/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.