Android Tablets Forum banner
341 - 354 of 354 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello, welcome to SlateDroid.

The A8x GPU is SGX540 as in A8, the difference is the processor, in A8 is S5PV210 and A8x has S5PC110, same power but less consumption. I have installed some games in my A8x, Asphalt 5 and 6, PES2011, Fast andFurious 5 and NFS Shift. Asphalt 5, NFS and PES2011 work perfectly, shooth and fast, while Asphalt 6 and Fast 5 aren't totally smooth but are perfectly playable. With a better firmware i think this tablet will run faster, only need best optimization.

Answering your next question i can't complain with my A8x, worked without any problem since i had it in my hands. I have read about some units faulty, but i think the number isn't high compared with the totally operative units. I hope the A8x users tell us their impressions about it.

Greetings.
Hi my friend

Which Firmware are you using on you A8X to play these games (Asphalt 6, Fast and Furious 5 and NFS Shift) and what is the version os the apk (Asphalt 6, Fast andFurious and NFS Shift).
Please make thing easy to me my friend.

I thank you for your atention.

Luis

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi everybody!

Just got my A8X in and was all eager to try it out when... it hung on boot.
I've tried resetting it and flashing with 3 different firmwares (0628, 0705 and the 0728 beta) using two 8GB SDHC cards and one 1GB SD cards in various combinations but to no avail.
The machine displays the logo and just keeps displaying it for as long as power is turned on (atleast for 45 minutes).

Has anybody experienced this before and (hopefully) know how to fix it?

Thanks!
You should return Your device.
Where did You get firmwares 0705 and 0728??? Please post here the links...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe we have to unlock the device for all networks to fix USB 3G problem. It seems like it is locked for one network and that is why we can not use USB 3G. I tried to remove the sim card from 3G modem and than it acceps the modem. Also I saw in the APN setting menu that only acceps APN's from network 310-260 and it is T-MObile US. When You try to make APN for Your network You have to change this code but in that case the APN becomes invisible until You put the correct sim card.

By the way: People who did it: Please post upgrade procedure.

Best Regards!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everybody!

Just got my A8X in and was all eager to try it out when... it hung on boot.
I've tried resetting it and flashing with 3 different firmwares (0628, 0705 and the 0728 beta) using two 8GB SDHC cards and one 1GB SD cards in various combinations but to no avail.
The machine displays the logo and just keeps displaying it for as long as power is turned on (atleast for 45 minutes).

Has anybody experienced this before and (hopefully) know how to fix it?

Thanks!
Happened the same to me.
See the IMPORTANT!!! Risk of brick Thread

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello, I compared the different motherboards from Dropad A8X and saw the difference, for some in the place indicated by the circle - there is an empty connector for loop, which can connect it may be another addition in the future.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello, I compared the different motherboards from Dropad A8X and saw the difference, for some in the place indicated by the circle - there is an empty connector for loop, which can connect it may be another addition in the future.
Cool... I will be satisfied with existing features if they could work properly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just for the record, there are lots complaining about their A8X. Mine came with 705 and works fine. It crashes now and then, and the camera doesnt work for google goggles or a few camera apps, but otherwise its just fine, working great! For those who dont have it working, goodluck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I take this tablet from nowsupplier..
The GPS not work absolutely,
the speaker work for only 5 minuts,
and the Wi-Fi NOT work.
I send back to customer, and the tablet return with Wi-Fi Not working.
I send with normal post (not DHL), because avoid extra fee for nowsupplier,
and the total shipping time = 2 month.
When I ask for refound or exchange my unworking tablet..
Nowsupplier ask :
No possible to refound Your money (I spent abouth 400$ (tablet + shipping + 2 x extra fee)).
No possible to EXCHANGE the unworking tablet.
No possible to repair the tablet because the warranty time are EXPIRED !!!
People.. take care for YOUR money.
I have on my hand an UNUSABLE tablet.

Best Regards.
Francesco.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Dropad A8X with the latest official firmware.
The battery life is terrible, and the main consumer is "Cellular".
This tablet doesn't even have 3G or anything like this, is there a way to completely disable this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I take this tablet from nowsupplier..
The GPS not work absolutely,
the speaker work for only 5 minuts,
and the Wi-Fi NOT work.
I send back to customer, and the tablet return with Wi-Fi Not working.
I send with normal post (not DHL), because avoid extra fee for nowsupplier,
and the total shipping time = 2 month.
When I ask for refound or exchange my unworking tablet..
Nowsupplier ask :
No possible to refound Your money (I spent abouth 400$ (tablet + shipping + 2 x extra fee)).
No possible to EXCHANGE the unworking tablet.
No possible to repair the tablet because the warranty time are EXPIRED !!!
People.. take care for YOUR money.
I have on my hand an UNUSABLE tablet.

Best Regards.
Francesco.
Hi. I don´t understand your case. The tablet is active? Only GPS is don´t work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nope no crashes but the market is just not full. A few apps but far from all are listed.

Regards
Hi: I'm new in this forum, and maybe the market problem is already fixed, but if not, there is a fix for the andoid market and some yutube limitations.
It seems that on many chinese devices, there are some google and youtube adresses blocked. You must look (as Root) for /System/etc/hosts file. If you find some host names listed inside it, you first have to make a backup of this file (you never know...). Second: delete those lines containing references to andoid market, youtube or google. Shut down the tab and restart it. Excuse my english

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also did an factory reset but after the reset only the systemapps were remaining. All userapps incl the userapps from firmware were deleted, also the ES File Explorer, so i had to flash the firmware again to gain access
How did you do the factory reset on the A8X?
I tried the "Reset to factory settings" from the Settings, but all it does is turn the device off. When I turn it on again everything is still there.
Wherever I looked there were only references on other posts and no instructions on how to actually do it.
I'm going to sell mine and I would like to clean it for its new owner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How did you do the factory reset on the A8X?
I tried the "Reset to factory settings" from the Settings, but all it does is turn the device off. When I turn it on again everything is still there.
Wherever I looked there were only references on other posts and no instructions on how to actually do it.
I'm going to sell mine and I would like to clean it for its new owner.
Well, after a lot of reading and testing I came to the conclusion that the Factory data reset option DOES NOT WORK with the 921 firmware. As previously stated, after hitting the Factory data reset option the pad powers off, but does not reboot. After pressing the power button it boots normally as if nothing had happened. All data is still in place.
But there is a way to cleaning the pad. And with a bit of perseverance one can achieve a state akin to the Factory data reset AND keep all the installed apps.
You will need adb.
These posts will help you get the job done:
http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/239687-help-delete-gmail-account-without-factory-reset.html
http://aussiepads.com.au/forum/14-tips-and-tricks/96-deleting-accounts-and-email-cache-manually-using-adb

If you get this error on Linux
Code:
error: insufficient permissions for device
here's the solution from sph33r (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=698927):
Code:
Start the adb server as root. So if you were on Ubuntu, you'd want to run the following command. <br />
adb kill-server (you must do this to kill the user started server)<br />
sudo adb start-server <br />
Or you can basically do any adb command with sudo to start it. I typically use:<br />
sudo adb devices<br />
This starts the ADB server and tells me my phone is definitely hooked up.
If I have failed to give credit to anyone, PM me, and I will add your name to this post.

341 - 354 of 354 Posts