Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!I am having problems with my burntool reconizing my zenpad. It dosent see it atall. Firstly, my computer reconizes it as "android phone" (possibly because I have and andoid phone)burntool dosent detect it. Secondly, when I go to device manager to reinstall drivers to the ones downloaded, It just says ?cannot install the hardware?Please help!

·
Registered
137 Posts
you have a 32 bit windows? because the USB driver won't install on any 64 bit windows versions. And the device definitely doesn't identify itself as "android phone" while it is in flashing mode.First it is an "unknown device", then when the driver is loaded it is an "SEC SOC Test Board". The driver is called secbulk.sys and the driver's accompanying INF file is secbulk.inf

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
[quote name='Jazman;51228]Tried that. It takes about 5 minutes to boot up by that point' date=' burntool dosent see it and my compter just has a box pop up saying "android phone" connected[/QUOTE'] It shouldn't boot up (screen stays black, only the power LED should be on), you need to have it off, connected to your computer through the otg, and then do the holding back button and power, then that Device 10 should turn green (that is the burntool program detecting it, your computer should not detect it), then you click start to flash it, the screen stays black at first, until you start the flashing process (during which you will see the epad logo all the time) and after its done (should have a bunch of 0's and 6's and the word Pipe at the end) you need to reboot by holding the power button for 15 seconds to turn of and then start as usual or pinhole reset.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am runnung 32 bit.It seems maybe that because I had android phone drivers loaded before I got this, it just reconizes it as that. I have tried to unistall the driver, but it keeps reinstalling itself as an android phone everytime I plug it in.How could I permanatly delete these "android phone" drivers?

·
6,629 Posts
[quote name='Jazman;51235]I am runnung 32 bit.It seems maybe that because I had android phone drivers loaded before I got this' date=' it just reconizes it as that. I have tried to unistall the driver, but it keeps reinstalling itself as an android phone everytime I plug it in.How could I permanatly delete these "android phone" drivers?[/QUOTE']Can't you manually add the drivers? Add new hardware/have disk?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AHHHH!!Everytime I plug it in, I get a box saying "found new hardware - android phone". The hardware wizard then starts, and prompts me to install its software. I click "Install from list or desired location" I then click next and select "Search for the best driver in these locations" and guide it to the fodler with the drivers in. I then click next and it just says CANNOT INSTALL THE HARDWARE.This is really annoying me.....

·
6,629 Posts
[quote name='Jazman;51240]AHHHH!!Everytime I plug it in' date=' I get a box saying "found new hardware - android phone". The hardware wizard then starts, and prompts me to install its software. I click "Install from list or desired location" I then click next and select "Search for the best driver in these locations" and guide it to the fodler with the drivers in. I then click next and it just says CANNOT INSTALL THE HARDWARE.This is really annoying me.....[/QUOTE'] What OS are you using? Are you telling it to install secbulk.inf?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am pretty sure the ZT-180 identifies itself as "android phone" only when it is already in progress of booting (e.g. when the "android" boot animation appears). You should never get to that point where the PC sees an "android phone".I am out of ideas now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok heres the score: I hold down back and power for a few seconds then let go.The light goes on the pad goes blue, the screen is black - burntool detects nothing.After a few minutes the epad logo comes on. Stays like this for another few minites (maybe four) - burntool detects nothing.A little linux penguin pops up then and the android logo. At this point my computer detects a new device and finds the drivers "android phone" it then opens up the hardware wizard. - burntool detects nothing.I am at a loss.....

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would try holding down the back button first and while it's held down press the power button. It's a good way to make sure that the power button isn't recognized first.Also, just to cover all bases, the back button is the round button on the front of the device.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got it sorted. Did it on my Mac on the windows partition.I think it was because I had android phone drivers previously installed on my computer. So becuase XP is total crap, its near impossible to delete already installed drivers.Anyway, thanks for the help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.