Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I've installed Dolphin browser hd which is great when working in portrait mode but when using it in landscape mode the sidebar just gets stuck in the left side of the screen and I cannot close it. it only happens when using landscape mode.Does anybody has an idea or know how to solve this issue?Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Had this happen to with the hd version but not with the regular brower (not hd version)Give that a try, not sure what the difference between them in features or what you lose...?Sent from my A81E using Tapatalk

·
Registered
576 Posts
[quote name='kjhadfield;54148]Had this happen to with the hd version but not with the regular brower (not hd version)Give that a try' date=' not sure what the difference between them in features or what you lose...?Sent from my A81E using Tapatalk[/QUOTE']I've got the same problem on a GT with Dolphin HD in landscape, which makes it useless. Never found a solution yet.HD: has adblock plugin which is VERY helpful on tablets.Anyways, I've mostly gone back to just using the builtin browser as linckraker's v3 patch included a hosts file that essentially blocks many known ad hosting domains.Tried skyfire and Opera as well. Didn't like Opera's rendering, and skyfire would get stuck sometimes loading pages... (dunno if it tries to download videos or just gets confused sometimes and/or overloaded by videos...)Heard of something called xScope on one of the other boards, but haven't looked it up/tried it yet...

·
Registered
23 Posts
SymphonyX7;54438 said:
I don't have this problem with the Dolphin Browser HD. I use v2.3 BTW. This browser rocks. Better than even the stock one. Flash on demand is pretty awesome.
Can you tell me where I can download v2.3? I can't find it in the market (because it's obv. still not fully available for us A81E users) and in apktor with all know repositories there is only the old 2.0 or 2.1 version I think. The dl link on Dolphin Browser leads to a blank page.So what would be a common source to download apk's if I can't find it on market or apktor?

·
Registered
164 Posts
androodfan;54473 said:
Can you tell me where I can download v2.3? I can't find it in the market (because it's obv. still not fully available for us A81E users) and in apktor with all know repositories there is only the old 2.0 or 2.1 version I think. The dl link on Dolphin Browser leads to a blank page.So what would be a common source to download apk's if I can't find it on market or apktor?
Have you tried Dolphin Browser

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hmm, AppBrain doesn't seem to work, to me it looks like it still tries to install the selected Apps from Android Market? I mean, I can sign into AppBrain, select App I wish and sync my tablet with AppBrain, I see the Apps I selected, but when I try to install by clicking "Perform Install", it tries to go to the Market page and there I get the error "The requested item could not be found", and I get this error for every app I selected.Am I doing something wrong or doesn't it work with the A81E? vijaykhai can you confirm it works on your A81E?Thanks again!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Not sure which version I installed but it was off of the Android market, so presumably most recent... sidebar goes nowhere for me... tried messing with all kinds of setting, some quick google searches... nothing. So I just don't use it any longer and went back to the builtin browser for now... (still have to try xscope...)(Of course last night I learned something new, pressing the play button on youtube videos opens the youtube app and plays the video... d'oh! I ALWAYS thought you had to use the youtube app directly....)

·
Registered
64 Posts
To fix the landscape sidebar issue, you should change LCD Screen Density to 180, default for our device is 133.You can use the program called LCD Density changer or manually edit it in /system/build.prop , don't forget to reboot after changing it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
[quote name='navydragon;57508]To fix the landscape sidebar issue' date=' you should change LCD Screen Density to 180, default for our device is 133.You can use the program called LCD Density changer or manually edit it in /system/build.prop , don't forget to reboot after changing it.[/QUOTE'] Everything becomes "too big" then. I've already set my LCD density to 150 by default and it's a good compromise of sharpness and screen estate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was experiencing the same issue with Dolphin Browser HD. I noticed today on the home page that there was a link that read "Try Dolphin Browser (HD) Beta Version Now!), so I did. It works fine. The side bar disappears with a quick swipe to the left and reappears with a quick swipe to the right. Pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.