Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Mine did the same thing, format your SD card using another program or OS and load the script again.

·
Registered
832 Posts
turkey;20233 said:
I have the same problem
format your SD card using another program or OS and load the script again. I'm not kidding guys. I thought I bricked mine too, but it came back after I tried a couple of other programs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi there, mine got the same problem, and believe me i've been trying everythingand nothing, no luck at all, if just the device could be connected and recognizedby windows, maybe could be updated again.

·
Registered
832 Posts
It happened the very first time I updated my M001. I had the original firmware on it and tried to update to ECO's 1.0 ROM. The tablet updated and said it was going to reboot when I removed the SD card.When it rebooted it was just a black screen. I put back in the SD card and updated it again and it still had the black screen after rebooting. Then I used the Toshiba? card formatter and then the tablet wouldn't recognize the card at all. Then I used the built in (windows 7) formatter and loaded up the official EKEN update 1.7.4. It updated and rebooted just fine. Then I loaded ECO's v1.0 rom again and it worked fine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote name='liveloud;21526]i used a 512mb' date=' a 4 gb and a 256mb, but no luck, the device doesn't even readthe SD card, just flash and then black screen[/QUOTE']Are you saying it just's turns on then off again?what happends when you put it on charge? does it charge or no lights? also what file was you writing to the m001 when all this happend?

·
Registered
14 Posts
don't turn on just a flash on screen and then black screen, it charges and the light led's seem's ok , it all happenswhen i try to update to the official 1.7.4, it takes too long and i take the SD card and turn it off, when i try to turn it on again,just a quick flash and black screen, i've been trying everything but nothing works.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well being as it just turns on then off right away i would say 1 of 3 things the battery is dead,somehow you have wiped the startup files off the flash chip, not sure 100% how the update works in regardes to what it wipes when updating or you have some other hardware fault.I would try leaving it on charge over night, format a sd card on a diffrent machine and load the script folder on it try a custom frimware)and try again,last option is to remove the flash chip and reprogram it via a chip programmer (i am looking in to doing this but need to buy a donor unit to wreck for this)I guess it could be jtagged but need to know the jtag points.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please forgive me if I am not posting in the correct area...but i need some advice. I did a factory reset of my m001 and for some reason i was too slow to calibrate the device. Now, it doesn't recognize my tapping and I appear to be stuck. Any suggestions? I am not computer literate and would appreciate a simple work around for this problem.thank you: aaron

·
Registered
55 Posts
[quote name='paganson2001;21801]Please forgive me if I am not posting in the correct area...but i need some advice. I did a factory reset of my m001 and for some reason i was too slow to calibrate the device. Now' date=' it doesn't recognize my tapping and I appear to be stuck. Any suggestions? I am not computer literate and would appreciate a simple work around for this problem.thank you: aaron[/QUOTE']As long as you have nothing on the m001 you want just flash another rom to it, do a seach on how to flash a new rom or check here http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?1490-Upgrading-Firmware-Tutorial

·
Registered
255 Posts
[quote name='liveloud;21288]nothing' date=' the device flash once and the screen stay's black, just the power led [/QUOTE']You mean the screen flashes once? Mine has done this a few times and pressing the area around and under the screen has gotten it to come back to life. There's some faulty connection with the back light. I'm now extra gentle when inserting/removing the SD card as it seems like flexing that area will bring it back.Not so much with the build quality, these Eken folks.If the red power LED is what is flashing then I have that problem as well, I need to warm my M001 up before the power will turn on! I try not to switch it off any more.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.