Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a newbie question as I am learning. I know there are many tablets that are the same one being sold by different vendors (flatpad, zenpad4, wiipad, apad, etc.). Although they all have the same specs and same Android version whatever that maybe, the performance can vary because the ROM maybe different. Is this correct?In other words, lets assume the flatpad, zenpad4 and wiipad have the same exact specs and use Android 2.1. One would think that the performance should be the same. However, it seems that each vendor maybe using a different ROM which can affect performance. So performance can vary although the tablets may have the same exact specs and Android version.Am I correct in thinking this? Or am I way off? Please explain as I am learning how Android works. Thank you very much!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe every tablet have different performance when running on different firmware. I've MID706 (LY-706) tablet and recently I upgraded to FW 1.8.2. The performance is worst than the factory FW. I'm looking for a way to extract the factory fw out as I've another unit which still stock. If anyone have the step by step to backup and restore the factory FW then it will be helpful.

·
Registered
164 Posts
[quote name='mkarias1;38144]When you say firmware' date=' do you mean the Android version (for example 2.1 or 1.5, etc.)??[/QUOTE'] Hi Mkarias1,I know how exactly you feel, being a newb to this lingo. This site seems to be more for And. developers - not really helpful to beginners like you and me!!The site boasts of 10,000 members - yet a simple question like " How do you FLASH ROM ?", the exact procedure remains unanswered afer 24 hours ! Anyway to answer your question, please refer to:What does firmware mean? - Yahoo! Answers "Firmware is a software program or set of instructions programmed on a hardware device. It provides the necessary instructions for how the device communicates with the other computer hardware. But how can software be programmed onto hardware? Good question. Firmware is typically stored in the flash ROM of a hardware device. While ROM is "read-only memory," flash ROM can be erased and rewritten because it is actually a type of flash memory. " ...Read onI do hope this helps you - I just googled your question !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.