Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to use this as a plug-in device most of the time. Can someone who has taken apart the Eken try to boot it without the battery inserted? My HTC G1 wont boot without the battery in place, but I was wondering if this would. With the manufacturer rushing so many things I am not sure if I want to trust the battery either. I also don't want the battery to heat up as I hold it for extended periods of time, or is this an issue at all? Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I haven't taken mine apart, but according to the pics others have posted, the cpu/memory are near the end with the buttons and ports, while the battery is at the "non button" end. That means on mine the cpu is what is heating up, and the non-button end always stays cool. ymmv.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Also running it plugged in all the time would be impractical with this device, the power plug doesnt secure in place very tightly, and the slightest movement can cause it to come out.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Unfortunately this is making me less interested in this device. It seemed like the device I was looking for, but with these build quality issues I am having trouble deciding to get this. The G1 also has mediocre battery life, but I can keep it plugged in without heating up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, the battery heating up is not an issue with this device, the battery area stays pretty cool.The only heat issue is with the CPU, and I ran mine (on a stand/easel I fashioned for it) for the last 13 hours (plugged in) with the wifi on and with the theme frame running, and it is doing just fine.Thinking about buying another one actually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts