Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last tech I spoke to said in an email the firmware was coming out in 2 days.... that was 5 days ago.This thing better speed up boot time, fix the wake problem and make me coffee when it is done updating firmware.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I guess it depends on what they are doing. Obviously simple fixes would be quick to do. Maybe they hang out here and have been looking at our bugs found thread. They improved the device greatly from the initial ROM and also promised enhancements and the ability to install other programs at some stage. Maybe this is it. Or maybe they don't like the fact that it has been hacked and are trying to lock it down more. I don't really think so as the number of their customers playing with it they way we do here must be minimal.Remember also that up until last week they were just about the only game in town for a colour reader at 800 x 600 which also did email and surfing. The Apad devices are 800 x 480 and are not as good an ereader in my mind. Now, however, there is the Cruz reader and tablet breathing down their neck. They are more expensive but they are an alternative so maybe Pandigital are enhancing the software, speeding things up, tweaking bits here and there and adding a few more bells and whistles.For anyone who has hacked the Novel and is running it native, the new upgrade probably won't mean much. They will be looking for a nice ROM cook instead, but others who are keeping it original will be interested....especially if it makes coffee :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.