Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It likely exposes my basic lack of understanding of the way Android works and what is and is not possible with it, but here goes:Although I am liking my PDN a lot, especially after hacking it, I do find it somewhat annoying to have to keep using the back key (well, "-" volume key; great hack, BTW) to get back to where another app I want can be launched from. Plus, when I do go back, I lose the state of the app where I was, for instance on a Web page, reading a book, writing a note, etc.Is there a way to keep apps active, with state preserved, and switch among them? I wouldn't even mind if it took a while because it had to re-load some cached stuff. If anyone out there is a Palm Pre person, I guess I am asking for something like the 'cards' webOS allows you to keep open but in a thumbnail form that represent the running apps. You can always get back to any active one at will by flipping among them and tapping the app you are interested in. It's pretty handy.Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
That is the purpose of the home button. With a tap and hold on the home button you can also pill up the last 6 apps that you have used. Obviously the PDN doesn't have a home button. There have been a couple of apps posted though that will get you back to home and when you open the program again it should be where it left off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.