Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the feeling that with increased speed and reduced batter life that the 7-24 update has added a little overclocking action to the PGN. Or maybe it was running underclocked in previous versions to give a better battery life. Obviously there is always a trade off and you don't get something for nothing. If you spend a lot of time reading or surfing I'd guess the extra speed isn't as important as battery life.Anyone any ideas or can confirm?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I just wasn't sure if it was underclocked to begin with and now normal speed or normal to begin with and now overclocked.Problem with overclocking is extra heat generation with possible CPU / PCB damage. Bit risky if a manufacturer is deliberately overclocking a processor.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
gortyargen;24966 said:
Thanks. I just wasn't sure if it was underclocked to begin with and now normal speed or normal to begin with and now overclocked.Problem with overclocking is extra heat generation with possible CPU / PCB damage. Bit risky if a manufacturer is deliberately overclocking a processor.
Sorry, it is not overclocked, they had it underclocked before. The CPU is well capable of 800 Mhz, and that is what it is at now. It also will downclock as low as 66Mhz, and you can tweak that with SetCPU if you have root.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.