Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems Playing divx files using any video player iv'e installed. I have a ton of divx movies i've downloaded to my ps3 that play very well on the ps3 and dvd player with divx. Sadly that divx site does not exist anymore, it allowed me to save divx movies directly to my ps3 hdd. Anyway i'd love to be able to watch them on my MID. Does anybody have any ideas that may help, or maybe having the same kind of issues. Please post here.Thanks Herbz

·
Registered
383 Posts
[quote name='HerbZMan;38215]I'm having problems Playing divx files using any video player iv'e installed. I have a ton of divx movies i've downloaded to my ps3 that play very well on the ps3 and dvd player with divx. Sadly that divx site does not exist anymore' date=' it allowed me to save divx movies directly to my ps3 hdd. Anyway i'd love to be able to watch them on my MID. Does anybody have any ideas that may help, or maybe having the same kind of issues. Please post here.Thanks Herbz[/QUOTE'] I've used 'Rockplayer' and 'RealPlayer' to watch most of the downloads (DIVX and WinMedia format) I've compiled over the years just fine... Actually don't think I've found one that didn't do well in one or other player... but I do tend to download/archive smaller size files... 400MB->700MB/hr formats... so that may be a difference... I have a few Full HD/ISO movies but haven't tried those as I use a 4GB TF/SDcard mostly so one full HD DVD 2 hr. move fills it...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I tried my collection with the latest firmware and found great compatibility with my standard xvid, mkv, real and WMV files. There was a bug that occured a number of time. The video plays for a half second and then stops. In this case, I tell it to skip half way into the movie, it grunts for a bit and starts from the start working fine. It must be a buffer allocation problem. Anyway, beyond this point I can pause and play as must as I want and skip thru the movie.Always use real play as it syncs audio.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jtbnet;38293 said:
I've used 'Rockplayer' and 'RealPlayer' to watch most of the downloads (DIVX and WinMedia format) I've compiled over the years just fine... Actually don't think I've found one that didn't do well in one or other player... but I do tend to download/archive smaller size files... 400MB->700MB/hr formats... so that may be a difference... I have a few Full HD/ISO movies but haven't tried those as I use a 4GB TF/SDcard mostly so one full HD DVD 2 hr. move fills it...
Rockplayer does nothing for me. What rom are you using JT? i'm using the latest 0809, maybe this is my issue.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I can't seem to get rockplayer to work when I select the file it just goes back to the sdcard file list. I can play some movies with realplayer and I was able to play the files that I couldn't with yxflash, it's a trial version. Anyone know why i can't get rockplayer to work?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote name='maric;38423]I can't seem to get rockplayer to work when I select the file it just goes back to the sdcard file list. I can play some movies with realplayer and I was able to play the files that I couldn't with yxflash' date=' it's a trial version. Anyone know why i can't get rockplayer to work?[/QUOTE'] Ya, my rockplayer does the same thing with any kind of video file, even the ones thet work with realplayer. Just flashed back to 0804 rom, still experiencing the same issues with divx, and some mp4 files. Considering some people have no problems at all, there must be something i'm missing.Please any knowledge would be appreciated.Thanks, Herbz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.