Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would not recommend doing that over wifi. You would need Ethernet. Interestingly our device does report a PCI ethernet device, so maybe there are pinouts on the connector like there are for USB. You could also use usb ethernet dongles. I don't think it would be economical though. I am going to start importing 1ghz 10" tablets. I'll be selling them for $200. 5 m001's would cost $400. I could think of some good uses of the m001 as thinclients.As far as custom distros, I really hope you will try it. My release is really just a base, there is so much room to make a really cool OS with all the UI tweaks and apps to compete with android. For one I really wish could add a way to scroll in X11 using touch and drag instead of the scroll-bar.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Search eBay for 10" ZT-180. I'll be able to beat all the Chinese sellers prices since I import regular containers and won't have to pay for expensive international shipping to each customer. They are really nice tablets; but alas it will probably be 6 weeks before I have them in stock.No, it's not possible to chroot into a different architecture. You can use qemu to emulate armel, but you have to netboot the kernel--too much trouble for me. It's much easier to just ssh into the m001, and do everything right on the device. You can certainly use a chrooted environment on the m001, that's how I was able to install squeeze. But everything is really really slow. Most people use a cross compiler tool-chain to build apps, but in this case the Debian repos have binaries for most everything we need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.