Android Tablets Forum banner

Dismount the Flypad

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  enotar 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
See less See more
#3 ·
Hi,Thanks for the insight.I have these questions:1) Did you remove the 4 screws before hand? The video does not show the removal of the 4 screws...2) When you bend the upper plastic foil, to remove the screws, will that leave a visible mark on the foil?3) Where you able to put everything back together? Did the Flytouch still work afterwards?4) The did disassembly leave any noticable marks?The reason I am asking: I would like to consider how much effort and risk is involved in replacing the main battery and/or the backup battery.Cheers,vma

#4 ·
Macko: Ok, i will do. but my (spoken) english is not that good :)Vma: 1) first time i dismounted the epad, i did not know there were 4 screws under plastic foil, so i *broke* them. Now the epad is closed in place, only because there are clips all around the border. I discovered there was a plastic foil over the screen, only when i completely disassembled it.2) The palstic foil is flexible, so there are no visible marks on the foil; so trasparency is not compromised, and you look the screen clearly. But there are *very big* marks all around the border, where i used a screwdriver to raise the whole thing.3) I was able to remount it, except for the 4 screws on the 4 corners, that are broken. The tablet works as usual: sloOOow like turtle!
:D4) The disassembly process left *very big* marks all around the border, because i used a flat screwdriver; they say, if I use a guitar plettro(*), it leaves no marks; but i never tried.(*) I dont know how traslate plettro in english; the plettro is this one: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:....imageshack.us/img230/8571/plettro4xm.jpg&t=1or this: http://www.accordiespartiti.it/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/impugnatura-plettro.jpg

#5 ·
Thanks CopaCabanaMan!Just a tip: if you have an old smartcard or credit card, use that to open electronic gear without leaving marks! Cheaper than buying a plettro and works just the same.The problem with using a knife, cutter or screw driver to open plastic cases (remotes, laptops, phones, etc.) is that they use steel and thus are harder than plastic and obviously leave marks.Use a smartcard/credit card and it will not mark the case, as it is softer than plastic.Cheers,vma

#11 ·
Enotar, look: thre are two skins over the screen: first one is the classic film that is on every mobile telephone screen, to prevent any scratches; you must remove it.Second one is the plastic foil i show in beginning of my video; you must leave it in place.First film is very hard to notice, as it covers all front plate. If you dont remove it, you have very poor response from touch-screen.Try, and let me know

#12 ·
Im interested in trying to swap out the battery in it which takes EONS to charge and seconds to kill, with a high quality battery as large as i can fit into it.Im sure its some noname chinese ripoff battery anyway, and man do they ever get hot durring charging...

#14 ·
Ok No plastic film for me just the foil but trying to lift it up to find the screwa let marks on it even with a card.It looks the back paint or glue come out and you cxannot do aything afterwards.I am a little preocupied to lift up all 4 corners, that will be ugly when setting back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.