Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
(Sorry for my horrible English ;))

I created this thread for talk about the success cases, the cases that it works perfectly and you can flash the BIOS and install Windows 8 successfuly...

Please, describe your method and tools... kind of resistors, if you soldered it or you pasted it with Wire Glue ... or if you use a 6B Pencil... describe some instructions and kind of tools

If this thread works, in some weeks, we can get a fully recopilation of empical instructions and maybe some users could follow some of those instructions

You can use this example Template:

• Date:
  • Method (Pencil/Pasting/Soldering):
  • Size of resistors (if you use):
  • List of tools that you used:
  • Rate the difficulty (between 1 and 10):
  • It worked to the first?
  • Detailed steps that you did for do it:
  • PCB Photo for show us your result:

Thank you!!

Edit1: Thanks ailve... it seems too hard for casual users...

·
Registered
17 Posts
  • Date: 6/7/2014
  • Method (Pencil/Pasting/Soldering): soldered mine
  • Size of resistors (if you use): 0402 2K49
  • List of tools that you used: 15y + skills in soldering and amazing iron. i had used my work soldering iron metcal with curved tip, also you need 0.2 tweezers and some flux. used none lead free solder.
  • Rate the difficulty (between 1 and 10): 10
  • It worked to the first? yes
  • Detailed steps that you did for do it: instead il just type the hardest part of the process , you need to stretch the solder join to make a contact between 2 contacts that does not touch each other, couse of the size of 0402 not fitting pads that made for 0201 iv placed the resistors on the side and stretched the solder to contact both. other problem is the other components around , you cannot access the inner contacts with normal tip and even with curved one it's really hard to not touch something else.
  • PCB Photo for show us your result: Font Audio equipment Engineering Electronic device Close-up
    Water Liquid Drinkware Fluid Stemware
    Liquid Water Fluid Font Moisture

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
To be honest I'd be more interested in hearing about the unsuccessful cases...

I'm inclined to go for the pencil method once I get some accessories I've ordered. According to a topic on ondaos.com you can apparently just keep trying until it works. If that's true then a little caution and some patience is all that's needed. Also it would be possible to install a resistor later if the graphite proves to not last forever.

·
Registered
294 Posts
To be honest I'd be more interested in hearing about the unsuccessful cases...

I'm inclined to go for the pencil method once I get some accessories I've ordered. According to a topic on ondaos.com you can apparently just keep trying until it works. If that's true then a little caution and some patience is all that's needed. Also it would be possible to install a resistor later if the graphite proves to not last forever.
I'm tempted to go with the pencil too but would be interested in hearing from anyone who actually did it and if it still works after a few days.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Para ser honesto, yo estaría más interesado en escuchar acerca de los casos sin éxito ...

Me inclino a ir a por el método de lápiz una vez que consiga algunos accesorios que he pedido. De acuerdo a un tema en ondaos.com puede parecer sólo seguir intentándolo hasta que funcione. Si eso es cierto, entonces un poco de cautela y un poco de paciencia es todo lo que se necesita. También sería posible instalar una resistencia más tarde si el grafito resulta no durará para siempre.
Asegúrese de que los casos sin éxito aparecerá un montón XD

Por el momento, quiero ver algunas fotos y técnicas exitosas...

Pencil method is the easiest, but not the safest.. try with a tester the resistance of a pencil 6b stripe

·
Registered
12 Posts
methods tried: glue but struggled to get glue to come out small enough, and resistors were too big.

ordered smaller resistors but decided to try pencil method.

flashed bios and once i had a working otg cable, windows installed itself ok.

luckily i have a basic grasp of chinese, so found my way to all the english options on the install.

installed english languge pack on completion pf install.

uninstalled office and reinstalled from microsoft to get english version

activated ok using different key.

installed all usual apps, seems ok

camera on back seems worse quality, will maybe take a look later

front camera is upside down:-\

hdmi doesnt work so i'm not convinced by the pencil method, although i had no issues with the touchscreen on install.

battery seems to get stuck at 50% -not sure why...

going to try soldering the resistors now i have them, but for now its all good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.