Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
668 Posts
So awhile ago I noticed firmwares containing a K after date, but the 2 Novels I got from Bed Bath and Beyond have a B after the date. My last one came with 7_05_B and was used for a week+ then flashed with the 7_24_K firmware and used a little before the screen broke. My new one came with 7_18_B firmware. The pandigital website has 7_18_K(ohls) firmware. So on a hunch, I downloaded the firmware update exe from their site, ran it and the web download was for 7_18_B(BB). I'm not on boradband right now
but if someone wants to download here is the link the updater exe used.http://panhub.net:8080/SoftwareDownloads/Novel/S10_07_18B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zipAnyone care to do a file comparison (md5) of the system.img contents vs the 7_18_K firmware?

· Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent ever seen anything but the K firmware on the download links, I have only ever gotten B firmware on my BBB bought units. This was the first I have seen or been able to download the B firmware, and ONLY through the Update Program from pandigital. Anyone care to run the updater on their Kohls unit and see if it goes for K firmware.

· Registered
11 Posts
Good catch. I just notice the same, i.e. firmware with a 'B' on a unit from BBB. I was going to install the 7-24_K firmware that forum members so kindly posted. Now I am not sure.When you said updater exe, did you mean the update link at Pandigital for PC instead of SD?

· Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes by updater.exe that is what i meant. During the download process it opens a download manager status window. Shows download source (url listed above) as well as local save path. I am not on broadband (Edge cell) thus i couldnt download then install that way, this also gave me ample time to write down URL and cancel. I then typed the url into browser to make sure it was good. 2 hrs to download (ill wait till work tomorrow)As far as 7_24_K firmware, works fine for me, even gives me the 800MHz cpu speed. I just flashed my new one to 7_24_K firmware (was 7_18_
before i even really used it. Took my bat file about 20 sec to mod and install the 14apps I consider necessary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.