Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the AC Adapter with your M-001 work for you when you recieved it?
es.4155.41%
o, it was DOA. (Dead On Arrival)912.16%
es, but it failed within 1 day.1824.32%
es, but it failed after 1 day.68.11%

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello,I got my machine today and I am very happy with it, it came with an 80% charge in the battery. My brother had an AC adapter for me when the one included failed to work at all, we tested it with a multimeter.I created this poll to see how many other people are getting bad AC adapters.The AC adapter sent with the unit was 9 volt, 1 amp, we replaced it with a 9 volt 1.5 amp adapter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=atrac link=topic=232.msg1977#msg1977 date=1274760950]Interesting -- the one that came with mine (and has been working fine) is a 9 volt 1.5 amp adapter.[/quote]Thats what I had read about another adapter. Regardless, my brothers assured me a 1.5 amp adapter wouldn't harm the tablet.I want to emphasize the problem was not because the adapter was only rated for 1 amp, it was defective and delivering no voltage at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, first post; I'm so grateful to find this place!My charger also failed within the first day. Vewwwy intewesting....
We also replaced it with a 9volt 1.5. I also emailed the seller (I bought it off ebay) and he emailed back that they would send out another without delay. They have a little business on ebay, so let's hope they do.I've been so lost with this device since I've never touched anything with Android before, and I didn't get any sort of manual at all, just a little paper "Here's how you turn it on" basically, pamphlet.<heading over to ask about internet problems>

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't think the proper charger is included with the system. My charger out of the box failed within the first 20 minutes. I contacted the seller, they sent me out another (which of course took like 2 weeks) which ALSO failed within the first 20 minutes.Now, I also have a portable DVD/TV/MP3 Player that has a power supply that is...INPUT:100v-240v-AC50-60Hz, 0.5AOUTPUT:DC 12v, 1.5ASame Polarity... I took a chance and tried it... it worked AMAZINGLY. Not one problem... charges the unit, unit powers up with it... been using it since the original power supply died (So for about 2 weeks) with no problems.FIgured I would share!!! Enjoy.

·
Registered
157 Posts
[quote author=kingfhb link=topic=232.msg4868#msg4868 date=1275629886]I don't think the proper charger is included with the system. My charger out of the box failed within the first 20 minutes. I contacted the seller, they sent me out another (which of course took like 2 weeks) which ALSO failed within the first 20 minutes.Now, I also have a portable DVD/TV/MP3 Player that has a power supply that is...INPUT:100v-240v-AC50-60Hz, 0.5AOUTPUT:DC 12v, 1.5ASame Polarity... I took a chance and tried it... it worked AMAZINGLY. Not one problem... charges the unit, unit powers up with it... been using it since the original power supply died (So for about 2 weeks) with no problems.FIgured I would share!!! Enjoy.[/quote]Thats a nice finding... However we should see if its gonna take it for a long time since its not charging with default specs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
[quote author=kingfhb link=topic=232.msg4868#msg4868 date=1275629886]OUTPUT:DC 12v, 1.5ASame Polarity... I took a chance and tried it... it worked AMAZINGLY. Not one problem... charges the unit, unit powers up with it... been using it since the original power supply died (So for about 2 weeks) with no problems.[/quote]Can anyone tell me what will happen to the battery after multiple charging a higher voltage?

·
Registered
85 Posts
My charger has been fine although I recommended my cousin get one of these from the same place as me and his was DOA - the place we got it from sent one straight away so he wasn't without it for long. He borrowed my charger for his initial charge and waited for it to arrive

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is no problem using higher CURRENT. The device will only draw the current it needs. The problem comes from not having enough current available. IN other words, 9v 50 amps would be fine! 1amp may not be enough. My eken came with 9v 1.5 amp (labeled), and it's been working fine.Voltage is a different story. My understanding is using too high a voltage will can cause the device to overheat and burn out over time. It's interesting about the 12 v working, but there is a danger it will burn out with continued use. Of course, if it was designated to work with up to 12 volt, then no problem. I have some 12 volt external li-po batteries I'd love to try, but am worried about burnout. If you keep using the 12v charger, please let us know how it goes and whether it is running hot (may be hard to tell because the cpu runs very hot anyway).

·
Registered
12 Posts
As far as I understand it, on the device itself is the converter voltage, which provides 5V and 3.3V, and more. For the device itself, I do not care. But behind the battery is not sure. Its operating voltage of 7.4V and how she will survive the constant charging 12V?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My charger works and the two supplied for similar netbooks and rated at 1.5A also work. The 1A one doesn't seem to get too hot, so that I think the rating of the unit is ok.Physically they are a similar moulding and all have the US style twin parallel pins so the supplier provides adaptors to the Aussie slanted pins. Herein lies a problem as these adaptors are flimsy and when plugged into wall or cabled extension leads can become dislodged. I have experienced hearing arcing and crackling as this happens. Perhaps this is causing a problem and internally stressing components. Would be interesting to Know number of failures where adaptors are involved.

·
Registered
9 Posts
[quote name='Milo;1961]Hello' date='I got my machine today and I am very happy with it, it came with an 80% charge in the battery. My brother had an AC adapter for me when the one included failed to work at all, we tested it with a multimeter.I created this poll to see how many other people are getting bad AC adapters.The AC adapter sent with the unit was 9 volt, 1 amp, we replaced it with a 9 volt 1.5 amp adapter.[/QUOTE']The original adapters are no longer being used - they have been replaced by the factory. They now ship with the 9v 1.5a chargers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update- I emailed Deal Extreme, they sent me a new ac adapter which works fine. They also sent me the missing usb/data cable. Cable also works fine.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
[quote name='Milo;1961]Hello' date='I got my machine today and I am very happy with it, it came with an 80% charge in the battery. My brother had an AC adapter for me when the one included failed to work at all, we tested it with a multimeter.[/QUOTE'] How did you do in order to find out the correct polarity for the adapter?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
[quote name='carpenter940;44530]Labovski' date='The center pin is positive[/QUOTE'] This is always the case with all models? I have an M70003 and on the charger there is unfortunately no sign for the polarity. And, it exploded today after only 13 hours use or so.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys all very interesting but where do I buy a replacement that will work - preferably with a NZ/Aus mains pin config?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts