Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys , i have posted these photos originally in a Persian speaking forum (my native language) and later to googlegroups for our beloved cheap tablet ;)
as you can see , i ordered mine to be delivered with DHL, disregard the package next to it and all other props ;D
it was shipped from hong kong , and apparently they use standard for everything , hence the famous yellow packet for chinese customs in which it arrived.
inside the ebay seller took the liberty to include a plug adapter for UK , how nice!
this is the back of the box , used too often in ebay auctions as the factsheet for this device
and this is the front , the chinese tradition of putting a mockup that has not the slightest resemblance to the actual device truly baffles me
not much to be seen around the box
the box opens in a vault like fashion , it does not have a matchbox like sleeve ,so beware since the device rests immediately under with nothing to hold it from falling off and hitting the floor .
the cover , was sticky to the point that i had to struggle for two minutes to detach it from the front of the device.but it did not hurt it at all.
underneath the box is pretty much empty in my opinion ;D
an instructions manual , which i have not read but i can bet you a hundred quid that it will be filled with typos
the actual adapter
the fine prints on it.
the crappiest cable i have ever seen. it's actually a knock off of apple ipod cablesyou can substitute it with any other one, the difference would be , they actually let the device sync with PC!
the device ,in it's full 7 inch glory
the control buttons look solid and not cheap
these are all the communication slots of the device , on the bottom of it: screw hole ! , 3.5 audio jack, charger slot , 30 pin connector for the crappy cable, SD slot
the tiny hole between audio jack and power is actually a microphone , or claims to be, i have not tested.
for what you have paid, you are not entitled to a device ID either
on the back you have reset button and speaker. the reset hole is really narrow, you practically have to use a needle
push the button , or call the genie , and it's out of the bottle , so to speak ;)
this is the firmware version appeared on bottom left of boot screen( update: an official firmware update released , changing this to something more comprehensive)
the famous red LEDs , they even shine under sheer light of camera flash
android OS logo of version 1.6
the first screen you see
the screen looks pretty normal
so here is a close-to-a-hundred-dollars android device, not to shabby to put away and don't care about it, and not to precious not to be tempted to mod it. perfect combination , the sweet spot!cheers all

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
hey king none of the pics are showing up is there a link

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you're right. weird though , this googlegroups is something , i have uploaded all the pics to the googlegroups a couple of days ago and then published the unboxing, then it disappeared. now i'll fix it by changing all the linksthnx for mentioning it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=rcon303 link=topic=21.msg1538#msg1538 date=1274550646]great pics! very thorough...is the sync cable really that crappy? i just ordered one last week still waiting to get it ..[/quote]thnx , Rep me up if you liked it !regarding the cable , trust me , it's worse! it is not even cheap , it's a complete fake, i wonder if there is any actual metal in it as cable or is it just plastic.cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=sakoteh link=topic=21.msg1216#msg1216 date=1274370726]Hi King awsome images and descriptions. Hope you could also do a basic video of it's functionality with it's normal usage. TIA[/quote]thanks , rep is the word!well i am doing a review in my mother's tongue for a Farsi forum , but i will be more than happy to give you some links and of course some explanations cuz there is no voice over.cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=shabbir0 link=topic=21.msg2011#msg2011 date=1274780040]Yep, the video works.
What are the two apps that have the notifications at the top left of your device? Just curious.[/quote]i think one is Twidroid , a client for Twitter , the other i assume is the Advanced Task manager

1 - 11 of 11 Posts