Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just got it yesterday-- can't give you an honest review yet (that and I have no frame of reference to other Android tablets)-- but I'll give you my first impressions:Exterior: Packaging- strange, inaccurate, cheap... Doesn't effect my thoughts on the product.Leather Case- Actually VERY nice, magnetically secured flaps were a total surprise... Very pleased.Build Quality- OK... The unit feels solid, but it's a little rough around the edges (not literally, it's just that there are unclean cuts in the way the bezel fits around the screen and plastic that covers the screen looks a little warped-- no biggie)Button placement- quizzical-- hard to push, tiny buttons reside on the back of the unit in a very unhelpful way. System:Touchscreen- laggy, not unlike all the videos of other tablets I've seen, but not terrible. Using a fingernail or pen tip helps a lot. Overall Operating Experience-- actually pretty good; the browser is snappy, the e-mail is quick, all apps seem to work with the exception of the market, but I'm told that's being addressed. Built-in Speaker- crappy. SHOCKER!!!Other thoughts- There's no accelerometer or software control to force landscape to portrait mode... Not sure it it matters, I discovered that Aldiko automatically goes to portrait, so no problems for me there... Other thoughts: Battery-- don't know yet, I'll update this once I've had a real chance to put the device through it's paces. Stylus-- There's a stylus doing double duty as a foot on the back of this thing-- the stylus is crap and I'm afraid it might scratch the screen... Use something else. Overall Impressions: Well, thus far, I'm happy-- not impressed. There are a few things (like the lack of accelerometer, initial Market access issues [MUST BE FIXED], the 2.5mm headphone jack, the plugged hdmi port, the lack of green "charged" LED per the manual, the false cpu specs) that just don't make sense. That said, for $150 from a US based retailer-- it's a really great, no-risk way to jump into owning an Android tablet. If Augen keeps their word and supports this thing, they could be sitting on a goldmine... Don't get me wrong, this thing is no iPad, but if Augen takes care of this generation of devices and one day releases a capacitive screen device at a similar price point, I'm all over it. So yeah, if you're not choosing between baby-formula and the tablet, go for it-- I mean, this thing costs less than going to a football game and will last you much longer... If $150 is going to break you, maybe you should wait for something better. That's it for now-- I'll be around to update this as I have more experience and insight to share. I'm also open to questions, but know that I'm not the techiest one in the room, not by a mile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.