Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had flashed this build. Its to old. Wifi doesnt work with this build. I need kernel from Juni!

Gesendet von meinem M11 mit Tapatalk 2
I did flsah the original firmware again (the NEW PCB version hosted in rapidshare) and it worked for me.
But the problem of the touch screen's corner remains, so maybe it's not related to the patch but maybe something
of hardware.
I repeat, it does work for me, but not always and not with all fingers: i.e on other side of the screen I can use
all 5 fingers,but in that particular side (near the hardware keys) I have to use the inch. Maybe is something related
to electrical charge and simple electrostatic.
In your opinion what can I try to do? have I to isolate something??

Thank you

·
Registered
42 Posts
In the instructions, when it says power off the device, does it mean put it in standby or really power off? If I power off and then connect USB, my PC detects nothing. If I put tablet in standby and connection USB, I get a prompt that Windows is trying to install M11 driver but fails. Then I go into device manager and select update driver software and point to 64 bit rockusb.inf but Windows says following:

The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did flsah the original firmware again (the NEW PCB version hosted in rapidshare) and it worked for me.
But the problem of the touch screen's corner remains, so maybe it's not related to the patch but maybe something
of hardware.
I repeat, it does work for me, but not always and not with all fingers: i.e on other side of the screen I can use
all 5 fingers,but in that particular side (near the hardware keys) I have to use the inch. Maybe is something related
to electrical charge and simple electrostatic.
In your opinion what can I try to do? have I to isolate something??

Thank you
I had flashed the older version! The version vom Rapidshare have the same build date as the kernel as this fix here. So I think there is no diffrence between this two.

The Build Date is 10. July! The original was from Juni!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did a force driver installation using the procedure mentioned in spiceworks page. But still I am getting this error:

The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems.

Earlier I had Ainol Novo 7 Aurora connected to my PC so when I connected Aoson M11, it automatically installed a driver called Android ABD Interface. But I removed that driver from my PC and then connected Aoson M11. At this point windows could not find any suitable driver. Then I tried to do a force installation but get the above error message.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Kernel is flashed ok but although the touch screen is much better but it is still a little erratic. It is more noticable while typing on a swype keyboard.

In Developer Options, enable "Show touches" to check if there are phantom erratic touches on your device. On my tab, it randomly shows a few phantom touches here and there. Anyways it is a big improvement and I hope that future firmware will completely fix this issue.

Note: Don't Use Windows XP x64 Edition to Flash this kernel. It will fail.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My display works fine, so far. I didn´t notice any "phantom" touches. But I have noticed another thing, time by time appears some lighter vertical stripes over display. It´s well noticeable on gray color (for example in Market). And it´s disappear after some time. I saw it for the first time after flashing this new kernel, maybe there is some relationship.
Ch.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes I am also getting vertical stripes over grey background after flashing new kernel. This is unacceptable and must be fixed.

This is the price we pay when we buy a cheapo Chinese tablet and on top of that the manufacturer does not fix problems with their tabs even though they know about them very well. How difficult is it to reproduce these problems in front of them and ask them to get their act together? We need to make some noise.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It is a really bad sign that their emails remain undelivered. They must be using the cheapest hosting service in China and their mailbox must be full! Or they may have exceeded their monthly bandwidth quota? How careless it is for them to post an email address on their website and then not check emails let the mailbox become full or something similar. I certainly hope they don't use same working standards for designing and manufacturing tablets.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It would be really good to find out how many people are actually facing this erratic touch problem and how many are getting vertical stripes. Are these problems only occurring on some of M11or all of them? If the problem is occurring on only few of the devices then how can we narrow down and identify such devices eg by pcb version number or batch number or firmware version or screen manufacturer, etc. There can't be all M11 owners facing these issues? So are we just the unlucky ones who got lemons?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I installed the previous stock firmware without this update and my tablet is working right now (it has always the bug of touch screen at the corner near hw keys). With the update I had the problem of stripes on the screen and the battery was not handled good.
Now is ok. I know I have the problem of the crazy tocu screen when I leav the first finger.... but... it's ok.

I am waiting for a new firmware.

Otherwise, where can I download rk30sdk vanilla kernel? I can try to build it from scratch and install inside the correct modules for our M11 and
provide us a kernel made for our hardware.

Bye

Vincenzo

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Vincenzo,

Can you please try following on your tab:

1. Enable "Show touches" in Developer Options
2. On home screen, do a single finger touch on middle of screen and don't release

Do you see a many "Phantom" touches going up and down in the middle?

3. Now release your finger and do a single finger touch on center left of home screen and don't release

Do you see a many "Phantom" touches going up and down on the left side?

If you don't experience phantom touches then I would like to try the firmware you have because I don't have touch problem on the corner with HW keys even with the patch kernel. And with patch kernel, the erratic phantom touch problem is almost solved but it has introduced vertical stripes issue for me. The vertical stripes are visible on grey backgrounds but the stripes disappear after a while.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Vincenzo,

Can you please try following on your tab:

1. Enable "Show touches" in Developer Options
2. On home screen, do a single finger touch on middle of screen and don't release

Do you see a many "Phantom" touches going up and down in the middle?

3. Now release your finger and do a single finger touch on center left of home screen and don't release

Do you see a many "Phantom" touches going up and down on the left side?

If you don't experience phantom touches then I would like to try the firmware you have because I don't have touch problem on the corner with HW keys even with the patch kernel. And with patch kernel, the erratic phantom touch problem is almost solved but it has introduced vertical stripes issue for me. The vertical stripes are visible on grey backgrounds but the stripes disappear after a while.
Hi,
I don't experience phantom touches even with this firmware.
Frankly I never experienced phantom touches.
I am thinking of insulate the he keys using a insulating Scotch.
What do you think about? Will I solve my problem??

bye

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,
I don't experience phantom touches even with this firmware.
Frankly I never experienced phantom touches.
I am thinking of insulate the he keys using a insulating Scotch.
What do you think about? Will I solve my problem??

bye
Sorry I'm not quite sure if it will fix your problem but its worth a shot.

Do you think my phantom touch screen problem is related to transformer in my charger as someone started earlier?

Any ideas how to fix vertical stripes problem?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have returned to original firmware. Battery management in new kernel is terrible. Better battery time is more usefull for me, than a perfect touchscreen. And I will wait for new firmware, which will, as I hope, fix touchbugs, stripebug and will improve bat. management.
Ch.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts