Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks Cosmos & I'll go through the steps. Did this fix the issue with the 3 second interval between screen time-out to the unit going to sleep? That's the issue that bothers me the most when I am using the unit. I got some confirmation that a virgin Novel with 7/5 firmware waits a significant amount of time after screen darkening to system sleep. That is the way that mine used to work too. Cheers,kev

·
Registered
361 Posts
OK, went through the setup & the results are:Before: 2:21:12After 10 min.: 2:24:37That's a delta of 0:3:25Everything was exactly the same as the instructions except that under "privacy" all that was listed was "Factory Data Reset". Nothing about "Use my location" or "back up my settings". System Panel doesn't show anything new running either. BTW I didn't get an answer if your PDN goes to sleep 3 seconds after the screen times out?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Cosmos: I forced the sleep w/pwr switch. It was black when I woke it up after 10 min. I don't have advanced task killer installed. LauncherPro. Results with time out sleep: Timeout = 2min. + 3sec. 2:31:522:35:41Unit appeared fully asleep at end & used pwr sw to awaken. Cosmos, I mentioned this the other day, could the light sensor be a factor? I know it sounds odd, but I swear that last night I watched it sleep for 2 hours & as soon as I turned off the light to go to sleep, it woke up with the screen fully lit! I think it was set to auto brightness, but previously it was on manual 'cause I don't think auto works. Just sayin'

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.