Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about this stupid question, but what about performances of Debian compared to other android rom?
It's quite the same or there are some considerable differencies?

Many thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stability is ok.
If you are going to use it daily, order a pandawill cable and plug in a keyboard.
Xvkbd is good but it's just too big.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is there good application support for this Debian? I flashed the tablet to Windows CE, which is working amazingly well, but I totally fail to find any useful applications whatsoever. No free PDF reader, no way to remotely connect to the tablet, neither did I find a good finger-friendly keyboard, also the screen doesnt turn off (just dims).

If Debian could at least some of these issues (especially PDF and remote control ones) without too much loss of stability and speed, I would sure as hell give it a try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there good application support for this Debian? I flashed the tablet to Windows CE, which is working amazingly well, but I totally fail to find any useful applications whatsoever. No free PDF reader, no way to remotely connect to the tablet, neither did I find a good finger-friendly keyboard, also the screen doesnt turn off (just dims).

If Debian could at least some of these issues (especially PDF and remote control ones) without too much loss of stability and speed, I would sure as hell give it a try.
You will have access to all Debian packages that run on ARM (which is most of them) PDF reader and VNC viewer should be no problem. You should be able to install tham using apt. the list of avalible packages is here and I believe our version is oldstable, though I am not sure which of the ARM architectures we are running. (If I were you i would search "packages that contain files whose names contain the keyword" as some packages are named obscurely)

Edit: correction we are on stable also known as squeeze rather than oldstable and arch is ARM EABI also known as armel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts