Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
My problem for now - hardware buttons don't work. I have copyed wm8505_kpad_md.ko to /lib/modules/ and changed the /lib/modules/2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty/modules.dep

insmod /lib/modules/wm8505_kpad_md.ko

it's visible in lsmod list.

But I don't know what do next

Any ideas?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi. I access my SD through a USB-SD reader and diskpart doesn't even list the SD disk.
This is indeed expected, at least from diskpart for Win XP (where I am): http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300415 "You cannot use Diskpart to create a partition on removable media. Windows supports at most one MBR partition on removable media. If the media is manufactured with an MBR, that MBR cannot be altered, ..."
So, on which OS have used diskpart to access the SD?

·
Registered
10 Posts
In diskpart, it does not leave me to eliminate the partition
It goes out for me the message " diskpart cannot eliminate volumes in removable means ",
In " paragon hard disk manager " not as doing it,
Can someone do it like?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I've got a 4 gb sd card but the flashnul automatically partitions the debian to less than 1 gb and I tend to run out of space. If I later try to add partitions the debian refuses to boot anymore... Is it possible to make the flashnul to partition the sd card in some other way?

Btw, the error it gives now (even after I've deleted the partition I created on the unpartitioned space) is:
"
now = something about Fri. 19.4.2016, in the future
UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY
An automatic file system check of the root filesystem failed. A manual fsck must be performed, then the system restarted. The fsck should be performed in maintenance mode with the root filesystem mounted in read only mode ...
The root filesystem is currently read only mode. After Performing system maintenance, press control-d to terminate the maintenance shell and restart the system... Give root password for maintenance:
(or type Control-D to continue)"

·
Registered
3 Posts
run in ubuntu console - "fsck <your sd card>" and check the disk

p.s. you must extend partition but not add second partition
Thanks for the advice,

so I ought to, after using flashnul on the sdcard, use gparted on my computer with linux on the sd card and then it should work again on the eken m001?

And while I'm at it, could someone tell the default root password for debian? Because then I could run the fsck on the eken I think.

Evening edit: Got it all up and running - used gparted on another comp to extend the sd card size from the default and killed the temptation to force shutdown eken from the button and now it's all up and running

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody, and thanks for the tuto !
I followed each part of it and now I have a bootable SD Card.
But there's no way to boot from a Flytouch 3. Did I miss something ?
If someone coulmd tell me how to boot on Flytouch 3, it would be great. I've been searching for hours and nights over the Net, but no answer.
Thank.

Chris

·
Registered
255 Posts
The original FlyTouch & the FlyTouch 3 are similar in name only. AFAIK, the 3 has a Zenithink ZT-180 chipset. Totally different to the WM8505 in the original Flytouch.

So that's why it doesn't work for you! You might want to look in the ZT-180 forums on here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody, and thanks for the tuto !
I followed each part of it and now I have a bootable SD Card.
If someone coulmd tell me how to boot on Flytouch 3, it would be great. I've been searching for hours and nights over the Net, but no answer.
Thank.

Chris
if you see this Debian v0.3 for Flytouch SD bootable ?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.